Any one want to join me in waiting for eggs, posting and comparing notes?

Congats to all the extra eggs today! Recipes would be a great exchange :) I love baking! Had 3 eggs again today myself! The one was very small still and ending up tossing it. Her first one was bigger then the oter 2 girls and looked perfect, then the next 2 were smaller, Oh well better then nothing! Hope all have a good night!

Here's some of the girls, hanging out with Rosie while she layed LOL

Angela, how beautiful! I have to go see what this breed looks like when they are full grown. How precious! Thank you so much for posting these!

They are really, really fancy looking chickens as adults. The lady I got them from called me today in regards to the two that died. I think I should have added some sugar to their water. They DO have electrolytes in their water now. The four that are left seem to be very hearty and vigorous. They are eating and drinking like crazy! I'm watching them very carefully, as is my hubby. Hopefully, they will continue to thrive.

Angela

No egg today, can't wait till she is laying daily. We did move the new girls in to the same part of the yard in a separate run. The posturing was hilarious even though they were all ready for bed. Hope they all settle soon so they can be mingled once the newbies are done with chick starter.

No egg today, can't wait till she is laying daily. We did move the new girls in to the same part of the yard in a separate run. The posturing was hilarious even though they were all ready for bed. Hope they all settle soon so they can be mingled once the newbies are done with chick starter.
Oh, let us know how it goes. I am always intrigued about introducing new birds to an existing flock. Sorry about the no egg day.. that is a bummer. Tomorrow!

MB

OK, I snuck out to take a peak and.....NOTHING Can't wait to celebrate with you all.
How crazy is it that I am thinking of people I have never met before I check my coop in
hopes to celebrate with you. You are the only folks who get as excited about all the
chicken antics as I do. Until then, I will continue to live vicariously through those of
you receiving eggs.
caf.gif

Although the nest box was empty, I did get a great laugh when one of our girls went
chasing after our 60 lb dog trying to get hold of a dried pigs ear treat in the dogs mouth.
The dog was hiding and running away from the chicken. Had to actually let her go back
into the house to enjoy her treat. Love my reality chicken shows
kacklinkelly,

Hang in there girl, I so remember thinking I had the only delivery from Meyer hatchery that had an eggless flock! One day very soon, you will head out there, and you will get your loonnnggggg awaited first I too can honestly say I don't think this whole experience would have been as special without connecting with the peeps here on the thread. When I first started this thread, looking for someone out there in BYC world who was at the same desperate stage as I was would post daily with their thoughts, and observations. What a lovely bunch of people from all different places came and kept me company. I thought the thread might die out after a few weeks of eggs, but I am so thrilled it has been just the opposite. 124 pages later, I have some new Internet friends, and I thank you all for it! I took pictures today with all of you in mind, couldn't wait to post them to show you all how they were having fun in a mountain of manure!

We too will celebrate when your eggs come. Make sure you take lots of pictures, and keep records, because just like our children's milestones, you swear you'll remember how many eggs on what day, but if you don't write it down, it all becomes a blurr!

Have a good nights sleep, and we'll be here waiting!

MB

Hello all. I had a long work day. My Tuesdays are the longest at 10.5 hrs. No complaints, I like what I do... just tired. But I had to read all the post that I missed. It is a great chicken show that we all have and I had to catch up on everyone's tales. I love it. I did take some new pics and I will try to put them up tomorrow. Loved all the new pics from everyone. And congrats to all the new eggs. & I would love some more egg recipes too....
droolin.gif

I had to turn in another horse that was abandoned here. This one was a mare that was way underweight, bad hoofs and only about 4 or 5 yrs old. Poor thing. I found out that the first horse I turned in actually had a broken leg. It had healed wrong and they had to put him down. They people who had him must not have had a vet check him out..he had good weight on him and his hoofs looked good with recent shoes... they may have still been ridding him even though he was lame. How horrible that people do not take care of the creatures that we choose to have. Either way... I hope this mare has better luck.

My turkey seems to have stopped laying. That is OK... she did great. 22 eggs! I am thrilled. So I am having 2 egg days. Just waiting on Amber... She is now 14 weeks old and she is a Gold Star. She is getting big and fluffy but her wattles and comb are not yet that big nor red. I am look her over everyday to see if she looks different;)
Well, I am tired. I am off to bed. Lucky tomorrow is easy work day but it is an early one. Have a wonderful night everyone and may your egg dreams come true...

Back
Top Bottom