Any one want to join me in waiting for eggs, posting and comparing notes?

I was thinking my girls this year were farther off of last years #'s. granted I have 2 more chickens then last year but I am at 37 eggs so far this month and last year in March I got 58. They didn't get to really laying til June(103eggs) and they started laying in Dec. So when June hits I want to see huge egg counts from every ones girls!!

morning all... I don't want to start the week off with being a downer, but I woke up and it's 17 degrees. I know it isn't Spring yet, I realize that it is only mid March, but I am just so tired of this stinking cold weather. AND, we are supposed to perhaps be getting major accumulation AGAIN on Tuesday into Wednesday. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I am finally seeing grass at my place, and all that is left from the last horror show of snow is 3 huge piles of little snow mountains stubbornly hanging on that the man who plows left us. The winter of 12-13 is one stubborn wench. I'm not expecting tropical fronts, but come on.......

Hope you had a great few days away Cat... I've been wondering where USVIyardbird has gone off to, and where is our REDangler??
Is he lost in fodder land??

MB

Just came in from doing chicken chores IN THE FREEZING RAIN< sorry for the snow your way MB, I heard something like 3-5 inches?? Sick of this stuff. And, someone continues laying the soft shelled eggs, found a broken one under the roost again, this makes 3 days in a row now. Giving everyone oyster shells, tons of cabbage and broccoli seriously?? Crazy chick has calmed and now living in harmony, not sure what's up with that but I will take it. Mabye she's laying the soft shelled. Cold all week here until the weekend-- Hope everyone has a good week and love the pics of the newly hatched babies, so cute.

Well for those who have snow and ice - I'm sorry! It was 86 here yesterday and my nose got a little sun. Today it is supposed to be at least 90. We have to water out garden twice a day to keep it from scorching and its only march! Ah San Antonio...& over Spring Break I took the kids to Galveston & we were freezing! Only in TX...

BABIES! Buff orpingtons that I hatched yesterday

Well for those who have snow and ice - I'm sorry! It was 86 here yesterday and my nose got a little sun. Today it is supposed to be at least 90. We have to water out garden twice a day to keep it from scorching and its only march! Ah San Antonio...& over Spring Break I took the kids to Galveston & we were freezing! Only in TX...
that is just trippi!

Been out of town and also had out of town company. Took a long time to catch up to all the news on this thread. Glad some are getting eggs finally. I've had two 7 egg days, the rest have been 6 egg days. I can live with that!!!

Been out of town and also had out of town company. Took a long time to catch up to all the news on this thread. Glad some are getting eggs finally. I've had two 7 egg days, the rest have been 6 egg days. I can live with that!!!
welcome back Knobby, yes, 6 eggs day are nothing to complain about....Now when we get that elusive egg day, now that will be awesome

Back
Top Bottom