Any one want to join me in waiting for eggs, posting and comparing notes?

I love all the pics. The fluffy butts are so funny. (I got to start giving ACV to my boys and girls... though every one looks great. I want to keep them that way). The patio girls look wonderful... I let my boys and girls out in late afternoon... they will come up and mill around us too. It is so relaxing... And JTbass I like what you did to your run. Anything to keep our girls safe. I need to take some more pics of my girls home...

Loving all the pictures!!! Im fighting lice right now. Im ready to enjoy my chickens instead of worrying and treating and cleaning etc!!! What do yall use for lice? DE didnt work for me!

Loving all the pictures!!! Im fighting lice right now. Im ready to enjoy my chickens instead of worrying and treating and cleaning etc!!! What do yall use for lice? DE didnt work for me!
Can you get your hands on some wood ash? It has to be wood ash NOT briquettes ash from a bbq. Just add a little in their dust bath and in their nest box. I have never had lice on my girls yet but I have read up on it just in case. Good luck!

Thank you Nakstk..i do have some i can throw in their dust bath holes.

For all of you with Welsummers..I got my 1st wellie egg today! Look at al the spots!!! Even with all the lice my girls are still laying!

Thank you Nakstk..i do have some i can throw in their dust bath holes.

For all of you with Welsummers..I got my 1st wellie egg today! Look at al the spots!!! Even with all the lice my girls are still laying!

LOVE IT!! CONGRATS!! My Wellie eggs are my favorite. Mine weigh 2.1 to 2.4 ounces each where as my SS eggs are 1.7 to 2.0 ounces. Yes I weigh and date each one of my eggs every day that's how I keep track of them.

So excited. My 18 week Leghorn squatted for me today. She is so small compared to my other four, which are all different breeds but from reading other posts she may be my first to lay. Stay tuned :).

Got the first egg from the batch of new girls!!

All my older girls fight over one nest box and weren't using any of the others, so I knew I had to do something when the new girls were coming into lay - can't have 17 girls using 1 box!!! So, I took some of the duck eggs that I forgot to gather over a day or two and put them into a couple of the nesting boxes the older girls never used. It worked!! My naked neck "Squeaky" went in and sat on the duck eggs and laid me her first egg at only 18 1/2 weeks! It was this cute little roundish brown egg. Here is a photo of her just before she actually laid - caught her using the box and sitting on the duck eggs...

Got the first egg from the batch of new girls!!

All my older girls fight over one nest box and weren't using any of the others, so I knew I had to do something when the new girls were coming into lay - can't have 17 girls using 1 box!!! So, I took some of the duck eggs that I forgot to gather over a day or two and put them into a couple of the nesting boxes the older girls never used. It worked!! My naked neck "Squeaky" went in and sat on the duck eggs and laid me her first egg at only 18 1/2 weeks! It was this cute little roundish brown egg. Here is a photo of her just before she actually laid - caught her using the box and sitting on the duck eggs...

aWWWW, Squeaky is really pretty.! I have 2 nest boxes, 3 girls, 2 of them constantly battle for one of the boxes- they get down right nasty with each other.... The one had just laid and wasn't ready to leave yet, the other wanted on and was trying to "steal" her egg, at least that's what it looked like-they are crazy sometimes.

So excited. My 18 week Leghorn squatted for me today. She is so small compared to my other four, which are all different breeds but from reading other posts she may be my first to lay. Stay tuned
smile.png

YAY, that's so exciting.

Back
Top Bottom