Anybody ever given Tylan 200 in the thigh?

Gretel12

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 19, 2009
Louisville, KY
I gave my friends new birds a 1/2 cc. shot of Tylan 200 yesterday. One was sneezing and some of the other hens we got together were found to have CRD..I gave it to them in the thigh and now one is limping..I'm so scared, what do I do now? I read that you wait and give another shot 48 hrs. later and you give it to them in the breast!! Yikes!!! HELP?

okay..maybe this would be more helpful...they are 5 months old ( 3 of them). They are in a tractor and are eating and drinking well..One is just holding her foot up and limping on it. I think it's the side I gave her an injection on..Could it just be from that?

CORRECTION...............1/2 ML..

Last edited:
is it possible you gave her too much?
idunno.gif
hu.gif

Last edited:
Maybe it's just sore and she doesn't like it. Give it a few days to see if it heals up. I would go for the breast next go around and if that particular chicken is still favoring the leg I probably wouldn't give anymore to it.

I have a thread on tylan on here. They gave me the dose per weight. My hen is the same age and i gave her 1/4 cc in breast for 3 days. It does burn them. I cant post link cause i am on my phone but check back a page or 2. They totally helped me in that thread. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom