Anybody have any ideas for chicken entertainment?

Put something in the house they can jump on. My girls love to get up high on something and then jump down. If you have room try one of those "chicken swings" people are making. If not, just something they can do to change their "point of view" so to speak.

I did holes as well. They go crazy when they see me bring out the shovel. They crowd around just waiting to see what's underneath.

Good luck.

I built a pallet table for my tractor that was parked for the winter, mostly as a way to not have the heated waterer right next to the straw as they were always kicking stuff up into it, even when I had it up on blocks. I just cleaned it out this weekend to make it mobile once again. I'm really toying with the idea of building a pallet swing in it this spring to put the feeder on it, and just increase the floor space within the tractor..

I find the best entertainment for my birds is some sort of scratch grain, corn ect espeically if you put down fresh straw in the coop and put the scratch under it, they just love doing that.

Put something in the house they can jump on. My girls love to get up high on something and then jump down. If you have room try one of those "chicken swings" people are making. If not, just something they can do to change their "point of view" so to speak.

I did holes as well. They go crazy when they see me bring out the shovel. They crowd around just waiting to see what's underneath.

Good luck.  

My hen fire rose loves to jump on things, one time, she got on the roof!

I got these from fleet farm, looks like you can also get them on amazon. They are a treat dispenser which you can dial the size of the opening, kind of like the yellow chicken treat balls, only these won't allow the chicken to crack them in half, so they have to move the ball around and not cheat. Plus they can see what is in there through the semi transparent plastic. They work great! Here is a link to the amazon one, more photos at the bottom of the link, then a couple photos of the one of the ones I got:
http://www.amazon.com/Petsafe-SlimCat-Meal-Dispensing-Blue/dp/B0018CG40O

iimade

i made these 5 of them in 20 min . i bought one lenght of pipe at home depot and the end caps . my girls are so good at it they roll them -push them try to pick them up by holes . im trying to upload a video but cant figure it out just yet ..

Back
Top Bottom