Anyone add Apple Cider Vinegar to your chickens water?

Quote:
1 tsp down the hatch. Organic raw apple cider vinegar with the mother doesn't taste like ordinary run of the mill vinegar. We like the taste.

Whew!
sickbyc.gif
You go girl!

(I may have to try it myself...
roll.png
)
~Rebecca

saw the suggestion in another post and tried it- we did not have organic at the grocery here, used the regular- chickens still drinking the water and no more algae in the waterers ! love it

Thanks a lot for this advice ! I remember reading that in my issue of Backyard Poultry also, but it slipped my mind!
sad.png
?
smile.png
LOL My girls are just coming out of molt, and I cleared out some sickie chickes, so hopefully they will begin producing again. You say I need to use a plastic waterer ? That's the one I got rid of because the algae was so terrible. The one I am using now is galvinized aluminum, will that work ?
Look forward to an answer !
Thanks
Moma to 42 hens 1 rooster, 2 dogs, 1 cat, 2 goats, 11 ducks, wife to 1 husband ( that's enough) mother to 3 humans, nana to 7 of the off springs' offspring! The Lord be Praised every day !

I use it as a matter of course for my chicks and big hens as well. We always added it to our rabbit's water when the babies got matted eyes and it would clear up in a couple of days. My family and I use it on a daily basis on salads...lots of it! Like salad soup, almost. We haven't had a cold or flu of any kind for several years now. Good for what ails ya!

Great for cleaning also.
smile.png

Now, THAT I would not do! When the effect you want can be achieved using a nonpoisonous substance like ACV, why would one want to use Clorox? I can see bleaching containers and rinsing them well, but intentionally adding it to the water? No.

Back
Top Bottom