Anyone bought chicks from My Pet Chicken?

I just talked to MPC's customer service chat and they said that they combine those lines w/ their own

I just talked to MPC's customer service chat and they said that they combine those lines w/ their own

I asked too because what you said made me wonder if they had made a change and while they didn't say the hatchery name they did tell me they ship out of Ohio, where Meyer is. That combined with the fact that they carry the exact breeds that Meyer does makes me think they're still shipping from Meyer. Maybe they also have other farmers supply eggs to Meyer to hatch, but it seems like Meyer is still shipping the chicks.

But it seems the price isn't much different so if you'd rather order from MPC, I don't see a reason not to :)

Last edited:
that's one of the reasons that it's so high on my list, I live in NY so the shipping would be faster and probably less stressful for the chicks

that's one of the reasons that it's so high on my list, I live in NY so the shipping would be faster and probably less stressful for the chicks

They don't. They have no birds in Connecticut. They are all dropshipped from Ohio. I just asked to confirm and that's still the case. Like I said, Meyer in Ohio ships them.

i decided to double check about them getting their chicks through meyer and customer service insisted that they just work on some of the lines through meyer

Last edited:
i decided to double check about them getting their chicks through meyer and customer service insisted that they just work on some of the lines through meyer

I guess it's possible, but they are still shipping from Ohio either way. If you like MPC better, go for it. Still, it's interesting that they insist that they don't all come from Meyer, and yet they carry the exact same breeds as Meyer, don't offer chicks in any other breeds than what Meyer carries as far as I've seen, and can ship them all in the same order, which means they must all be coming from the same place. Could be that they're providing Meyer with eggs from other sources to hatch, I guess.

Meyer will vaccinate too, by the way.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom