Anyone bought chicks from My Pet Chicken?

they will? I didn't see that, where is it listed?

You get the option during checkout.

But I'm really not trying to dissuade you here. If you like MPC better and have your heart set on ordering from them, go for it! As long as you get the chicks you want, it doesn't really matter.

Martha Stewart buys her chickens from My Pet Chicken (read it on her blog the other day - a google hit for some breed that I was researching).

I could have sworn that I also saw mention of birds being from a specific hatchery, as Pyxis has said, but couldn't find it when I looked just now. Perhaps it was in the comment section.

Although there was mention of a green egg-laying "Blue Favaucana" that is exclusive to MPC.

Martha Stewart buys her chickens from My Pet Chicken (read it on her blog the other day - a google hit for some breed that I was researching).

I could have sworn that I also saw mention of birds being from a specific hatchery, as Pyxis has said, but couldn't find it when I looked just now. Perhaps it was in the comment section.

Although there was mention of a green egg-laying "Blue Favaucana" that is exclusive to MPC.

I'll check and see, is that the only breed that MPC has that Meyer doesn't?

But has anyone who has bought from MPC or Meyer actually bought chicks from either, the breeds I'm interested in are listed at the beginning I think.
jumpy.gif

I'll check and see, is that the only breed that MPC has that Meyer doesn't?

I noticed a blue egg layer that is uniquely theirs: "Super Blue Egg Layer."

There may be others. Perhaps an email to them would be the easiest way to find out, since that information is in the descriptions (unless I've missed an easier way to find it).

But has anyone who has bought from MPC or Meyer actually bought chicks from either, the breeds I'm interested in are listed at the beginning I think.
jumpy.gif

[from OP: dominique, ancona, speckeled sussex, golden laced wyandotte, silver spangled hamburg]
Ideal Poultry in Texas has those breeds, as does Privett hatchery in New Mexico. (I've heard that Privett can be hard to get ahold of, but a nearby feed store buys exclusively from them and their chicks always look robust and healthy)

eta: Oops. I got distracted and replied to the original post where you said that MPC was the only hatchery you'd found with all of your breed picks.

As for anyone that has bought from MPC -- if you go to Martha Stewart's blog, you can see pictures of the chicks she received more recently, as well as prior birds she received... all from MPC. I don't know if pictures will be enough to answer your question though. Although I doubt that Martha would have purchased more from the same supplier if she'd been unsatisfied with her earlier purchase(s).

Last edited:
Ideal Poultry in Texas has those breeds, as does Privett hatchery in New Mexico. (I've heard that Privett can be hard to get ahold of, but a nearby feed store buys exclusively from them and their chicks always look robust and healthy)

eta: Oops. I got distracted and replied to the original post where you said that MPC was the only hatchery you'd found with all of your breed picks.

As for anyone that has bought from MPC -- if you go to Martha Stewart's blog, you can see pictures of the chicks she received more recently, as well as prior birds she received... all from MPC. I don't know if pictures will be enough to answer your question though. Although I doubt that Martha would have purchased more from the same supplier if she'd been unsatisfied with her earlier purchase(s).

I took a look at Ideal, but only 2 of the breeds were in stock, and I think it will be more expensive than MPC or Meyer

MPC is the only hatchery I use. They have great customer service. I was told they share space with Meyers but hatch their own birds. They are not a drop shipper.

All my chicks have been sexed correctly and they are healthy stock. I have tried many of their breeds, and they are the only place I have used since 2008.

Back
Top Bottom