Anyone breeding Silver Fox Rabbits

Chickens in Elmwood

Songster
10 Years
Jul 6, 2009
Elmwood, WV
My dear husband and I want to start s small rabbitry with Silver Foxes. We are homeschooling homesteaders and are trying to raise rare heritage breeds on our ranchette. Next spring, we will start with Buckeye chickens which we will raise and breed for breed correctness and also for eggs and meat and as a source for 4Hers in the area. We are hoping to also raise and breed Silver Fox rabbits for correctness, meat and 4H.

We already have a local butchery where we buy our meat that says he will buy dressed chickens, eggs, cheese and milk from our goats, and dressed rabbits.

We really want to raise SFs because of their rarity and their (from what I have read) excellent meat qualities. Trouble is, the closest breeder I can find is 6.5 hours from my house. I'd rather find someone closer, but will travel if necessary. Any one breeding SFs or know of anyone who is?

I know someone here in Michigan, but it seems like she told me of people in OH and IN that had them also. I can check if that would be closer to you than the others. I know they are pretty rare. Have you tried their breed club to search for breeders in your area?

Back
Top Bottom