Anyone cross stitch?

Plucky Pullet

Songster
9 Years
Aug 18, 2010
I am an avid cross stitcher and I was just wondering if anyone else enjoys this craft as much as I do? I am working on a large unicorn that is a year into the making and prolly will take a few more yet.. but I do smaller projects in-between and am currently working a little one that I can take with me easily when I travel.

love.gif
I love to cross stitch. I have soo many that I want to do and so many that I have done. I have kit after kit to finish up. lol. my hubby and my mom get me all the time cuz i dont finish what i start..
sickbyc.gif
th.gif
he.gif
hide.gif
I also have some that need frames. I will post them when i find them. lol

I am doing a cross stitch that is about 8 x 11. It's a design that I copied from a stained glass, I got the ok from the stained glass artist. It's of the Santa Librada, which is the Patron Saint for the area that I live in here in Panama. I've been working on it for about a year now since I only work on it in the evenings, but hey, it's almost done! So what do I do but plan for the next x stitch project already! Of course. I'm not going to finish this and not have another one to start on right away, I'd be going through withdrawals if I didn't!
barnie.gif

I want to see pictures!!! I love admiring other people's work (and patience) I have a little one that I am working on, that I started while on a weekend away and to take my mind off the slow progress I am making on my Unicorn. The unicorn I'm working on will be 14x20 there abouts when it is finished but it is so big I don't ever feel like I am making much progress so I have to have little charts on hand for when I get fed up with my big chart.

I cross stitch and have for 40 years or more. I can take pix of what I have hung on the wall here at the house but it will take me a few days as I have to get more batteries for my camera. I have one on the wall tht is famous lighthouses, an indian chief for my dh'd office wall and a sampler of antiques things hanging in my living room. I do a wedding sampler for my grand children when they get married and often do the ring pillows too.

I absolutly love cross-stitching, right now I am working on a huge Noah's ark piece, however due to a very busy schedule I haven't had much time to work on it
hmm.png
But maybe soon I'll be able to finish it up
wee.gif

I really want to find a cute chicken pattern to hang in my kitchen. But we stitchers are all to aware of the term "we stitch therefor we stash". Despite my projects that are ongoing and the ones I have every intention of doing I still buy more
big_smile.png

Cross Stitcher here.
I just finished the Army Emblem for my son, took a good year. Had it framed, gosh forgot how expensive it can get. Starting the Christmas gifts now.
Has anyone else noticed (at least here where I live) that it is hard to find cross stitch books, projects? Gosh about 10 years ago there would be an whole asile just for cross stitching in the arts and crats stores. Now I am lucky to find a section that holds three rows of projects. I have tons of magazine from the past but still looking for more to do
wink.png

Yes, I've noticed the lack of patterns to buy. Since WalMart closed down most of their craft section there is nothing her where I live in the high desert unless I drive 76 miles south to Lancaster/Palmdale. Michael's still carries a pretty good selection as does Joann's. I have a rooster pattern in my stash and might have some chickens. I'll have to browse through my patterns and see. I know I did a small rooster for my daughter since that's her kitchen theme. One of our quilt shops carries some embroidery floss which helps. I think some of our crafts like knitting, crocheting, cross stitch, etc. tends to phase out a while and then it comes back. Quilting is the biggest thing right now I think. We have three quilt shops but no regular fabric stores for general sewing and clothing making.

Back
Top Bottom