Anyone ever ordered Georgia Giants from Wadley Quail Farm?

I ordered 100 Ga. Giant eggs from Wadley ,last Feb. They were packed perfectly ,no damaged eggs . I had a rather poor hatch rate 35 out of 100 . But I figured that was because of the time of year .They don't seem to breed as much in the winter as they do in spring .But the birds that did hatch were healthy ,and most of them survived .They made big pretty adults .I have since gotten rid of all my bobwhites ,and now raise strictly Texas A&M quail .

Hijack!

How's the weight look? They Giants?

rumor is these are the ones who developed the line, but there stem to be a few wadley area quail farms capitalizing on the name.

I haven't ordered yet; we're waiting on our Quail Breeder's License and I'm contemplating raising them for meat birds or selling them to preserves for hunts. Wanted some feedback to see how the breed was before we bought eggs or chicks.

Last edited:
I ordered a dozen eggs from Wadley Farm, and they were all infertile. I emailed them asking if there was anything they might do y because of this, however, I have not received a reply. I am really disappointed. Am trying to raise quail, and thought these might be good. Not!

oh wow!! I'm so sorry! We ended up purchasing 4 month old birds instead of attempting to hatch our breeders. From what I understand, bobwhites breeding season is March-August, so that may be the issue. There are a few GG breeders on this site, but when I contacted them in September they had already shut their breeders down for the year. I've just started myself, so I'm learning as I go.
Thanks for the info though, I'll keep that in mind for future reference.

Casi

Hello all-

I am new to this forum

I have been raising chickens for eggs for a few years- sometimes successful- sometimes not. The rodents or snakes seem to get them at some point.

I have a few questions to direct to anyone with quail experience.- Your comments would be appreciated.

Regardless, I do enjoy the chickens and this has prompted my desire to try quail for the eggs.

1. It appears from what I read on line that the quail from Japan produce the largest annual quantity. Any thoughts on this ?

2. Also- I was thinking of a big pen like a hoop house where they could fly would be interesting as I have a hoop house building already that I could put a netting on. Again- any thoughts on this ?

My chickens free range and come back to their house every evening to roost and sit in their nests. Here I gather their eggs.

3. If I had a flight pen would I also have nests at one end of the hoop house?

4. How do I get the eggs?

5. Do I have to have the little cages like I see on line?

Id like 50 quail laying eggs for my CSA-

6. Must I really build 50 little cages?

Thanks guys

Dave

Edited by Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered some 2 years ago ---- total hatch loss --- I think the problem was with my incubator ---- I was using cheap, styrofoam type and the day time temp spiked and may have over heated the eggs. In any case I had total loss, I contacted Wadley and they reported that there were no other reported losses and there hatch rates had remain high. So I had blame on poor incubation

Just received our order of 1200 eggs with only 5 cracked. They were packaged great! Found out from postal service even tho you pay for 2 day shipping doesn't mean you'll get it in 2 days. USPS try to do their best they say.

Back
Top Bottom