Anyone ever ordered Georgia Giants from Wadley Quail Farm?

I ordered a dozen two months ago they sent 13 eggs. 2 were cracked, 6 clear, 4 made it to around day 14-16 and stopped. 1 hatched. I'm a little upset that I only got one. I did have a friend give me a breeding pair, but I'm thinking of just getting rid of them and going with a different breed. Haven't made up my mind yet.

I ordered 120 Georgia giant eggs from wadley's quail farm and got 132 eggs. All perfect, none cracked. At lockdown 120 of the eggs were good. I'm two days from hatch now and will update when they hatch.

Update:eek:ut of 132 Wadley Georgia giant bobwhite eggs shipped to me in early May, I hatched out 114 string healthy chicks! I am very happy with these eggs. Of the ones I lost, I had 12 infertile eggs, 3 die during incubation, 1 die just before pipping, 1 die after unzipping and one very late hatcher.

Their Georgia giant eggs are very expensive, but they are a specialty product and worth the price I think. Wadley seems like a good hatchery to me. I'll order from them again.

Last edited:
I ordered a hundred eggs from them and have 91 healthy chicks I would definitely order again they were just born last night

I just weighed them and at 3 months old they weigh 10 ounces on average are they done growing at three months or will they still get bigger?

Quail eggs purchased from any one in the fall, or winter are less fertile, and Wadley knows this, . . and the temperature for any breeder age quail must be at least 65 degrees, which Wadley does not maintain. He told me last week, 11 - 9 - 16 p.m. that he only places news paper under his eggs, . .so he obviously don't care if they are jarred, or roughly handled in shipment. I intend to buy only 50 eggs from him shortly. Eggs purchased after late June are not going to hatch obviously, and he does not keep his breeders at least 65 degrees or above any other time of the year. If you have had good results in winter months from any one in the U.S.A.?? Call me and let me know who sells Jumbo Wisconsin Bobwhite Quail, or hatching eggs. Johnny at 251-447-6969 Mobile Alabama

I am very please with Wadley Quail eggs, I ordered 50 eggs and when they arrived one was cracked. I was testing out my new incubator I built and new hatcher I built and had 90 California Quail eggs coming. I raised quail back in the 60's and the best hatch rate I got was around 65%. That is why I ordered 50 eggs thinking I would get around 25 to 30 chicks. Well when they started to hatch 3 hours and 9 minutes into the 24 day, with in 3 hours I had 35 that had hatch and within 6 hours 43 had hatched. Now the next morning I had a total of 46 hatched. So I had one cracked eggs upon delivery and 49 I put in the incubator, 46 hatched, One eggs had nothing in it, the other two eggs had chicks in them that didn't make it out! So I had over a 92% hatch , will I never got back in the sixties. The chicks are two weeks old now and when I opened the brooder to put the feeders back in( which has a 24 inch high wall) the dang chicks started to fly. I caught one going by my head and closed the brooder quickly! Of all the thousands of quail I have raised way back in the 60"s I have never seen chicks that grow and fly like these do! I am very satisfied with them and they grow a lot faster than the ones I use to raise! Can't wait to see how big theses things get and how good they can fly! Thanks for such a great quail! Will order again if I want the Georgia Gaints! Thanks!

I am very please with Wadley Quail eggs, I ordered 50 eggs and when they arrived one was cracked. I was testing out my new incubator I built and new hatcher I built and had 90 California Quail eggs coming. I raised quail back in the 60's and the best hatch rate I got was around 65%. That is why I ordered 50 eggs thinking I would get around 25 to 30 chicks. Well when they started to hatch 3 hours and 9 minutes into the 24 day, with in 3 hours I had 35 that had hatch and within 6 hours 43 had hatched. Now the next morning I had a total of 46 hatched. So I had one cracked eggs upon delivery and 49 I put in the incubator, 46 hatched, One eggs had nothing in it, the other two eggs had chicks in them that didn't make it out! So I had over a 92% hatch , will I never got back in the sixties. The chicks are two weeks old now and when I opened the brooder to put the feeders back in( which has a 24 inch high wall) the dang chicks started to fly. I caught one going by my head and closed the brooder quickly! Of all the thousands of quail I have raised way back in the 60"s I have never seen chicks that grow and fly like these do! I am very satisfied with them and they grow a lot faster than the ones I use to raise! Can't wait to see how big theses things get and how good they can fly! Thanks for such a great quail! Will order again if I want the Georgia Gaints! Thanks!
FYI, this thread is five years old, so they OP probably won't see this.

Hello all-

I am new to this forum

I have been raising chickens for eggs for a few years- sometimes successful- sometimes not. The rodents or snakes seem to get them at some point.

I have a few questions to direct to anyone with quail experience.- Your comments would be appreciated.

Regardless, I do enjoy the chickens and this has prompted my desire to try quail for the eggs.

1. It appears from what I read on line that the quail from Japan produce the largest annual quantity. Any thoughts on this ?

2. Also- I was thinking of a big pen like a hoop house where they could fly would be interesting as I have a hoop house building already that I could put a netting on. Again- any thoughts on this ?

My chickens free range and come back to their house every evening to roost and sit in their nests. Here I gather their eggs.

3. If I had a flight pen would I also have nests at one end of the hoop house?

4. How do I get the eggs?

5. Do I have to have the little cages like I see on line?

Id like 50 quail laying eggs for my CSA-

6. Must I really build 50 little cages?

Thanks guys

Dave

Edited by Staff
Coturnix quail are mostly easy keepers. Their eggs are delicious.

I ordered 120 Georgia giant eggs from wadley's quail farm and got 132 eggs. All perfect, none cracked. At lockdown 120 of the eggs were good. I'm two days from hatch now and will update when they hatch.

Update:eek:ut of 132 Wadley Georgia giant bobwhite eggs shipped to me in early May, I hatched out 114 string healthy chicks! I am very happy with these eggs. Of the ones I lost, I had 12 infertile eggs, 3 die during incubation, 1 die just before pipping, 1 die after unzipping and one very late hatcher.

Their Georgia giant eggs are very expensive, but they are a specialty product and worth the price I think. Wadley seems like a good hatchery to me. I'll order from them again.
You did better then I did ordered 50 eggs they sent 53 in incubator only hatched 23 out 53 called the farm they claimed they had 85% hatch rate I will call bullshit this claim so want a few more ordered 50 more from the other farm georgia giants ever worse got 56 eggs hatched 17

You did better then I did ordered 50 eggs they sent 53 in incubator only hatched 23 out 53 called the farm they claimed they had 85% hatch rate I will call bullshit this claim so want a few more ordered 50 more from the other farm georgia giants ever worse got 56 eggs hatched 17
Shipping is very hard on eggs most will say to expect 50% on shipped eggs and that varies greatly on so many things while being shipped. And then there are many variables in incubating and hatching do you use separate calibrated thermometer and hygrometer in your incubator. I would never trust those on incubators.

Back
Top Bottom