anyone from new zealand

Quote:
Not sure what you mean when you say medicated. I am giving my 5 week old chicks 'Chick Choice' which is stock feed from Weston Milling. It contains Coccidiostat. I get it from Appletons Poultry supplies. www.chooks.co.nz/poultry-supplies. Maybe she could contact them, they are really helpful and will be able to help her out Im sure.

thumbsup.gif

thanks, i'll pass it on to her- she is on facebook and i don't know what brand she has been using- that is similar to what we call chick starter medicated here in the US.

Hi! I'm over on the West Coast of the South Island with 9 Barred Rock, 5 Bantam-X's, a mutt and a lovely husband. I'm originally from the usa, but I really feel at home out here. It's nice to see so many Kiwis here.

Also found this

"Anti-coccidial drugs are very effective. The danger zone is usually around 3 to 7 weeks. Keep chicks on a crumble that contains low levels of coccidiostat. With a serious outbreak, you need to put a coccidiostat in the water, since sick chicks that will not eat will still drink. This can be obtained from your local vet. There are 2 products on the market; baycox and coxiprol. It is worth having an anti-coccidial drug on hand if you are not close to a vet. If caught earlier enough and treated the chicks bounce back quickly. "

Hopes this helps?

Back
Top Bottom