Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

Ugh! I bet you're a nercou
no =( and its going down to 18F tonight. I've called the post office a lot now lol

Ugh! I bet you're a nervous wreck. I'm in Oklahoma - we are supposed to get down to 19. I was just thinking I better get my girls in their hen house before it gets too bad.

Hopefully, whoever has them takes into mind that it is indeed cold and you get them soon!

yea I thought about locking all my girls in the coop, but when I went down to check, they were already in the coop =D I guess they knew it was going to be a cold night! I have the lamp on for them as well.

Poor little babies I won't be able to sleep tonight =(((

yea I thought about locking all my girls in the coop, but when I went down to check, they were
already in the coop =D I guess they knew it was going to be a cold night! I have the lamp on for them as well. 

Poor little babies I won't be able to sleep tonight =(((

Mine were in the coop but came running,
In the dark, to see what I had. I always give them "dinner" to get them back in the run and coop because they will hang around in the dark at night! I don't know what chickens don't go to bed when it's dark but that's mine...moonlighting it. I have light in my coop too.

I hope your chicks arrive safe and sound early tomorrow!

If I forget to turn the light off in the coop when I am tending them in the morning they will all be up and active well past dark. They will also chew me out for leaving the light on all day. LOL
Mine were in the coop but came running,
In the dark, to see what I had. I always give them "dinner" to get them back in the run and coop because they will hang around in the dark at night! I don't know what chickens don't go to bed when it's dark but that's mine...moonlighting it. I have light in my coop too.

I hope your chicks arrive safe and sound early tomorrow!
I am right there with you hoping the chickies arrive safe and sound.

We just got done building coop 3. Its a VERY tiny coop for 2 bantams with leg troubles. I didn't want to cull them for that... =/ And they had coccidiosis and got better too. Troopers, both of them. DH put them outside in the coop tonight though ='(( its pretty cold =( He wouldn't listen to me lol hope the poor babies survive...

So many things to worry about tonight for me LOL and thank you guys <3 I hope the little ones are okay... We cleaned out the brooder and its heating up atm. might stay up all night reloading the USPS website =D

Guess whats missing?!?! Chicks!!!!!!! =(

Using the heat from the brooder lamp to heat up the seedlings

Coop 3.

Little white particles are snow!

Last edited:
Hope they all arrive well. I know that feeling i ordered mine and the night and morning they were to be in the area temps dropped really low and it was snowing. I was beside myself until I heard them peeping in the PO. All made it through the journey but i did loose 1 out of 18 a day later...wishing your babies they best

I have 6 wks til pick-up of 5 Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, 5 Welsummer, and 2 Blue Splash Maran(all pullets and all from hatchery-don't know breeders) and ordered them prior to the development of naughty hawk in my area. I refuse to give up on chicken keeping though. These kids won't see the "yard" until early August probably.

UPDATE: I got the chicks! The post office called and we went and picked them up from a grumpy lady. The chicks are all alive, thankfully! they sent 27, and also vaccinated all 27 although I only ordered 25. Both Marek's and Coccidiosis.

First picture =D at the post office

I had to grind their food cz I felt like it was too big for them. But they preferred the crumbles =/

The one with black spots is Morgan Grimes. =D He's a dark cornish cockerel.

Morgan

Back
Top Bottom