Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
Here r a few pics of my sweet baby EE girls that I've had a week yesterday. They're growing fast and getting beautiful feathers already.

The chicks I ordered to arrive this week from Meyer hatchery were canceled due to the extreme cold and snow. I have rescheduled (with a few breed changes due to availability) a new order for next week. It's "warmer" but still below freezing in the day and teens at night here. Better than this week, with temps in the negatives, I guess. I hope they make it next week!

I was suppsoed to get: Buff Orpingtons, Delawares, Black Australorp, and Golden Wyandotte

Now I am getting Buff Orpingtons, Light Brahma, Barred Rock, and Welsummer.

Anyway have experience getting chicks shipped during cold temps? Sounds like others have received theirs this week - are you guys located in cold places too?

I live in wv about 2hours south of Pittsburgh. It is 1 degree outside. I think that is very cold. I received my chicks this morning from Ohio. It's been like this for days.

Hi Mary! I have no idea what kind of chicks you have, but just wanted to say hi and I hope things are going well for you. Are you going to get back into silkies? I always loved your silkies. Still have quite a few in my pens. Thank you for sharing them with us. Martha Light

Back
Top Bottom