Anyone sell New Zeland White meat Rabbits in Iowa

Quote:
yes I remember you. Is that roo still around??

I may have a few leads, I've been leaving messages on every board on the planet... I'll know soon..

REALLY surprised "the most popular" meat rabbit is so hard to find.

I am sure someone does since their is a buyer there...the De Bruin Brothers Processing- they only buy white New Zealands. That may be your problem though- everyone is selling commerically. I don't know. I am in SW Missouri and am just getting started in the rabbit business. They sell here all the time.

Quote:
Wow, that's interesting...what is she crossed with or ? Can you post a pic?
smile.png

there are purebred blues,,the color is like a blueish colored cat.

I know that people have been working on them for years but I've never known anyone with blues.
smile.png
That's why my interest in asking if it "was a cross or ??"
I like white coats mainly so I don't want any blacks, but I do think the blues are very pretty. Besides, my clothes hide white fur...if I had blacks I'd have to get a different color wardrobe. Hmm...
big_smile.png

Are you set on NZ or need purebreds? I'm only 20mins away from you and I have some half champagne and creme d'argent half rex that are about 8weeks old now and most are a good size. The creme mixes (buck and doe) are pushing the size of some of my mini rex already. I'll have pure champagne's (just got a really nice buck) and champagne crossed with my creme doe who has a little new zealand in the back of her pedigree later in the year. I have another litter of mutts in the nestbox to raise up first. The guy I got the champagnes from said he found them much easier to handle and less stressed in weather extremes than the NZ. Pretty coats too if you want to keep the fur.

There's a big show in Amana in April with new zealand sanctioned and a meat pen http://arba.net/Sanction Files/CEDAR RAPIDS RBA7.pdf

Last edited:
I found two people who sell New Zeland rabbits.

1)Nicki Bulicek
Marengo, IA (northern IA)

not sure if she has any available, i have only left her messages

2)Ben Kramer
Titonka, IA
515-341-6900

not sure if he has any available, I have only left him a message.

Both contacts are supposed to be actual breeders. As soon as I get my hands on at least a doe and buck, Im breeding them like crazy. These rabbits seem to be really hard to find. I live in Nebraska, no one around here has any so I have resorted to going out of state to find these rabbits. IA is close to me. So hopefully these two come thru for me.

Back
Top Bottom