Anyone use Taylor Wet Bulb/Dry bulb thermometer?

greenriver

Songster
9 Years
Dec 19, 2010
Grapeland Tx.
I have an old Leahy "Favorite" incubator I used in years past for hatching/incubating. It has the old style dry bulb/wet bulb thermometer. I was thinking about modernizing it with new digital controls but may just leave it like it is with dual wafers.

1) What are the experiences around here with the wafer controls?
2) How accurate is the Taylor thermometer/wet bulb?

74169_5525large.jpg

74169_dscn0099.jpg

74169_dscn0104.jpg

Last edited:
I see that this post is over 3 years old and no one ever responded. I just acquired a used Sportsman cabinet incubator that came with this exact thermometer/hygrometer. Can anyone tell me (or point me towards where I can find out) how to operate this?
Thank you in advance,
Jennie

image.jpg
I just got an old Leahy Favorite and I have no clue how to use the dry/bulb.. how does it work?? What do I do?? XD I feel silly asking, do I put water in it??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 5
Yes you have to fill the reservoir to ensure the wick is wet. Distilled water is best.
Note the dry bulb reading (the one without a wick) subtract the wet bulb reading from the dry bulb reading to find the wet bulb depression. Note the difference along the top line of your chart. Follow this column down until level with the dry bulb reading and that is the percentage of humidity.

Back
Top Bottom