APA 2010 National: Show Results updated in post #1

Quote:
you are very welcome....hope to see them again next year.
so that wasEasttxchick with you...the lady that was taking your birds home? Didn't really get to meet her.
frow.gif

glad you got home. I thought for sure you would make it before we did. We got home at 3:30 this morning. We had 3-4 inches of snow and cars were in the ditches everywhere. It was worse about 45 min. from our house.

Mrs. Turbo :

Quote:
so that wasEasttxchick with you...the lady that was taking your birds home? Didn't really get to meet her.
frow.gif

glad you got home. I thought for sure you would make it before we did. We got home at 3:30 this morning. We had 3-4 inches of snow and cars were in the ditches everywhere. It was worse about 45 min. from our house.

That was me! I currently have those beautiful Appleyards here with me. Sorry we didn't get to meet, Mrs. Turbo, but boy was it HECTIC! I was running from one end of the show hall to the other ALL day!
Ducklucks duckies are out in my garage right now quacking away. Those Appleyards are amazing! Jealous, here!
big_smile.png
At least I get to enjoy them for a little bit until they can get to their new home.
Hands down, one of the best weekends I've had in I don't remember how long.
Had an absolute blast with Duckluck and want to thank her for sharing her knowledge with me! Thanks for the tie wraps-DH was so impressed that you had them!
wink.png
Boy did they come in HANDY!​

Mrs. Turbo :

Quote:
frow.gif

I have every plan of bringing them along next year, as long as the weather is more "with me" than against me next time! Yep, that was Easttxchick and her husband...we met up at the show and got to talk ducks till the cows came home!
smile.png
Or at least until we left anyway...my flight got cancelled and so I was stranded in OKC till this morning due to the high wind here. Almost no snow to speak of here but WINDY and icy too. The plane was seesawing back and forth sideways on the approach and so now my stomach is too.
sickbyc.gif

But it was worth the trip and I got to have a good chunk of the fun I missed out on last year at Nationals! I said I would make it this year and by heck I did!
big_smile.png

Loved the paints!
love.gif
Didn't bother to check the price though. I'm sure they were way outside my price range.

Don't have a pic, but one of the breeders there had a khaki Silkie entered. She's working on chocolate Silkies.
droolin.gif

I looked like death warmed over everyday and my kids only brought 9 birds and did most everything themselves. Sundy, Connie and several other of the Silkie breeders I saw traveled a lot farther, brought way more birds and they all looked fabulous. Hair done, make-up done..... I can't figure for the life of me how they do it?
hu.gif

If you like Silkies, it was an impressive turnout for both the show and sale birds I thought.

Quote:
The paints are owned and shown by Bren and Deb. They are originally from Judy Lee in Tennessee and I have acquired a trio from her that I will be breeding from this spring. We are working with them to improve their type.

Quote:
The paints are going to be a lot of fun to work with. I have acquired four of them and will be working along with the original owner, Judy Lee, and Bren and Deb to improve their type.

The khaki belongs to Sonoran Silkies along with the columbian lemon barred pair.

Thanks for the pics Grace!

Three Cedars Silkies- Good luck with the paints. I like to look, but I'm a sucker for the darker colors. I guess I met Sonoran Silkies, but didn't know her screen name. Probably ran into you as well. I can't wait to see some chocolates at a future show.

This was the first National we've ever attended. We had a great time and thought it was all really well done.

Mrs. Turbo :

14 hours on the road and we are still driving.....darn snow, then we find the only gas station without a bathroom so what do you do
idunno.gif
....... hehehe....

When I drove a big rig and took the kids, we carried a port-a-pottie with us!​

Quote:
frow.gif

That was me! I currently have those beautiful Appleyards here with me. Sorry we didn't get to meet, Mrs. Turbo, but boy was it HECTIC! I was running from one end of the show hall to the other ALL day!
Ducklucks duckies are out in my garage right now quacking away. Those Appleyards are amazing! Jealous, here!
big_smile.png
At least I get to enjoy them for a little bit until they can get to their new home.
Hands down, one of the best weekends I've had in I don't remember how long.
Had an absolute blast with Duckluck and want to thank her for sharing her knowledge with me! Thanks for the tie wraps-DH was so impressed that you had them!
wink.png
Boy did they come in HANDY!

You guys really made the show fun and I loved having the chance to help you find some more! That helped keep me from buying too many myself!
wink.png
I'm serious about I would have bought that white hen if you hadn't, and you guys being there looking for some good candidates helped keep me on track with my "wish list" instead of buying just any gorgeous ducky I saw! I got the shopping experience without having so many birds to take home, heh.

Tell DH I would have had a LOT more goodies in my pockets, they're usually full of stuff at a show, but I was so limited in my carry-on that I really couldn't bring everything. The cable ties I knew were safe to go through the screening at the airport and easily stowed. If I'd have had my duck tape
wink.png
I wouldn't have had to be searching the hall for that twine to tie those boxes shut! I have all sorts of "emergency" supplies in my van too and was truly lost without having my vehicle with me.

Back
Top Bottom