Apartment neighbor complaing about chickens

I would assume if the neighbors are complaining about poop around the apartment property that the chickens must be going up there at least once in awhile. It's always possible they are just making that up, but kinda doubtful since they've gone to the trouble of reporting it to the mayor.

Believe me I understand the clash between country and city folks. Our farm is now completely surrounded by developments, do I like it? heck no!! BUT those folks plopped down their money to buy their piece of property just like I did mine, actually they paid waaaaaaay more for their tiny little yards than I did for 25 acres back in the day.

My point being that they also deserve basic respect like any other neighbor would, doesn't matter who was there first or whether one "likes" them or not. Keeping your animals confined to your property is

I would assume if the neighbors are complaining about poop around the apartment property that the chickens must be going up there at least once in awhile. It's always possible they are just making that up, but kinda doubtful since they've gone to the trouble of reporting it to the mayor.

Believe me I understand the clash between country and city folks. Our farm is now completely surrounded by developments, do I like it? heck no!! BUT those folks plopped down their money to buy their piece of property just like I did mine, actually they paid waaaaaaay more for their tiny little yards than I did for 25 acres back in the day.

My point being that they also deserve basic respect like any other neighbor would, doesn't matter who was there first or whether one "likes" them or not. Keeping your animals confined to your property is good citizen 101.
No. If you don't like the way it IS. Move somewhere else.

I've had enough of people moving to the country and expecting the area around them to change after decades because they moved in.

My dogs bark because a neighbor rides the horses they board down my street. It's annoying, but they've always done it. I 'm not going to complain. I knew they were there when I bought the place.

Pipe yards by the freeway make loud clanking noises when they load their trucks all hours of the night. Annoying, yes. I don't complain because I knew they were there when I bought the place.

And honestly, if you have issues with chickens, you need to move back to the city.

If the occasional chicken does stray, talk to the neighbor. You will probably work out solution that doesn't strike fear in someone. You might end up with free eggs, some fruit preserves, fresh produce and the knowledge that chickens can be trained. A good stout squirt bottle usually sends them home and quickly.

But if you're just prone to being a wanker, fences keep things out, as well as in. Why should someone else be saddled with the expense of you not liking certain aspects of your new lifestyle?

And respect is earned. No one deserves it.

I've had enough of people moving to the country and expecting the area around them to change after decades because they moved in.

My dogs bark because a neighbor rides the horses they board down my street. It's annoying, but they've always done it. I 'm not going to complain. I knew they were there when I bought the place.

Pipe yards by the freeway make loud clanking noises when they load their trucks all hours of the night. Annoying, yes. I don't complain because I knew they were there when I bought the place.

And honestly, if you have issues with chickens, you need to move back to the city.

If the occasional chicken does stray, talk to the neighbor. You will probably work out solution that doesn't strike fear in someone. You might end up with free eggs, some fruit preserves, fresh produce and the knowledge that chickens can be trained. A good stout squirt bottle usually sends them home and quickly.

But if you're just prone to being a wanker, fences keep things out, as well as in. Why should someone else be saddled with the expense of you not liking certain aspects of your new lifestyle?

So if someone does not want the neighbors critters over at their place they're a "wanker"?
I had no idea and guess I just learned I was once upon a time a walker.
When I moved here there was no fence around the yard area. I eventually fenced that 3 or so acres in since I got tired of neighborhood dogs coming over and killing my birds.
I was also gonna ask about the respect thing. I understand earning it but I was gonna ask what if I just moved in or you just moved here. If we didn't know each other from Adam we by default couldn't respect each other even though we hadn't had the time to earn respect?
But ya I've reconsidered since I called myself out as a once wanker probably would be a stretch to expect any respect.
Now can we get back to the driving stuff?
Which would earn the most respect? Hitting the chicken? Braking for the chicken? Or swerving off the road because of the chicken?

So if someone does not want the neighbors critters over at their place they're a "wanker"?
When I moved here there was no fence around the yard area. I eventually fenced that 3 or so acres in since I got tired of neighborhood dogs coming over and killing my birds.
I was also gonna ask about the respect thing. I understand earning it but I was gonna ask what if I just moved in or you just moved here. If we didn't know each other from Adam we by default couldn't respect each other even though we hadn't had the time to earn respect?
But ya I've reconsidered since I called myself out as a once wanker probably would be a stretch to expect any respect.
Which would earn the most respect? Hitting the chicken? Braking for the chicken? Or swerving off the road because of the

Which would earn the most respect? Hitting the chicken? Braking for the chicken? Or swerving off the road because of the chicken?
Going back off topic to driving. Drive the speed limit. If chickens and children are abundant in the area and prone to playing in or crossing the road at the same time, it's likely you could walk faster than the posted speed limit.

Worse case scenarios are idiotic because of the endless 'but what if' factor. You can always add an element that invalidates any response.

OP said her yard was half in the county, half inside the city limits and the apartments are inside city limits. If a person moves into the apartments in the city, they have the expectation that they wouldn't have chickens pooping in the apartment complex's common area- the apartment dweller's yards. If it was OP's dogs leaving OP's yard and pooping in the neighboring apartments common area/yards, would that make the problem clearer to navigate?

Back
Top Bottom