Apartment neighbor complaing about chickens

OP said her yard was half in the county, half inside the city limits and the apartments are inside city limits. If a person moves into the apartments in the city, they have the expectation that they wouldn't have chickens pooping in the apartment complex's common area- the apartment dweller's yards. If it was OP's dogs leaving OP's yard and pooping in the neighboring apartments common area/yards, would that make the problem clearer to navigate?

650 people? No...you moved to the country and you're lucky a horse doesn't walk through your house looking for snacks. A cow in the road, making you late, wouldn't be surprising.

650 people do NOT make a city.

650 people? No...you moved to the country and you're lucky a horse doesn't walk through your house looking for snacks. A cow in the road, making you late, wouldn't be surprising.

650 people do NOT make a city.
If living inside city limits brings a different set of laws than living outside the city limits, it absolutely does mean you moved to the city. Don't call it a city, if it helps; call it a municipality where the residents have set up a system of laws and codes to make their proximity to one another a little more tolerable. My own home is in the county outside a city that's a little less than twice OP's. Our address contains the city's name but I can burn my trash, have a well and am on a septic system. People inside the city can do none of those things. For a reason.

If OP doesn't like the ordinances that are in place, OP can ask for a variance or set up a petition to change city code. What OP can't do is continue to allow the animals to defecate on other's property just because they don't live in a city of a certain size.

Really, that whole assertion is rather silly anyway, most of the country people I know wouldn't put up with the neighbor's animals coming over and pooping in their yard either. Probably half of them would be liable to start shooting at them if the neighbor wouldn't comply. I don't even allow my own chickens to poop in my yard.

Them turn signals don't work no more either.
I am working away from home - it’s what I do, and the location I am in has the worst, rudest, drivers I have ever seen! If one more person honks at me I am gonna go bonkers!

Not sure where they learnt to drive but a yield sign should be considered a stop sign at round-about - darting out in front of oncoming traffic causing traffic to slam on their brakes is crazy! And yes they do not know how to use signals.

It’s no wonder insurance here is controlled by the provincial govt! Otherwise no one could afford to drive here - they are just horrible!

Okay, fine, automatic reaction.

Lots of people want to avoid hitting the object, and so for some, it's to just be the ones to get out of the way. And if you have someone following close behind, you can't just slam on the breaks
Sure you can, if indeed they are tailgating then they hit you, they are at fault.

But there are ways to control tailgaters, tapping the breaks to warn them usually works, if not pull over when it is safe to do so and let them pass.

Have to say I have been guilty of gawking here where I am working now, last night I saw a huge poultry barn with fenced in paddocks for the chickens to get out into. Pastured chickens - they call that free ranging… but there I was slowing down to gawk at them, a huge poultry farm smack dab in the middle of a residential area! That must be smelly in the heat of summer! I wish I had a place to pull over to take a photo!

If one more person honks at me I am gonna go bonkers!
🤔 are horns even necessary now days?
Trying to think of the last time I've used it. Has to have been years.
Maybe the last time was when someone was gonna back into me in a parking lot. :confused:

🤔 are horns even necessary now days?
Trying to think of the last time I've used it. Has to have been years.
Maybe the last time was when someone was gonna back into me in a parking lot. :confused:
Everyone here uses them, it’s annoying and rude, unless like you to warn of someone backing into you etc. we use horns to back up on work sites - one honk to warn we are backing up.

This is a crazy place we’re I am, such intense agriculture, dairy and poultry factories (not farms that’s for sure!), butting up against the city proper, it’s all about agriculture here. Greenhouses galore, they are picking pumpkins and brussel sprouts now, and putting up corn silage for the cattle, one dairy I pass each day must have 1000 cows in their sheds, they milk round the clock!

And the smell :sick Ugh disgusting…

I am afraid to go home to my chickens next week incase I bring something home with me!!!

This is a crazy place we’re I am, such intense agriculture, dairy and poultry factories (not farms that’s for sure!), butting up against the city proper, it’s all about agriculture here.
Crazy? Sounds awesome to me.
I do love me some affordable chocolate milk and chicken nuggets.

Crazy? Sounds awesome to me.
I do love me some affordable chocolate milk and chicken nuggets.
Bought some lunch for the crew yesterday, 3 boxes of 9 piece chicken, three boxes fries/potatoe wedges, and 3 salads, 10 bottles pop. $167.00

Hardly affordable I would say. All our milk and poultry gets shipped out of the country.

Back
Top Bottom