Appenzeller Barthuhner not laying

krona1987

Hatching
7 Years
Aug 30, 2012
Murfreesboro, TN
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone had advise on a Appenzeller Barthuhner not laying? She is 6-7 months old and has been free ranging since May. We've penned her up to see if she;s laying them discreetly and abandoning them rather than in her nesting area.

Anyone ever had a Appenzeller Barthuhner? I picked her up as a 1 week old chick with her 4 sisters, which unfortunately we lost to a neighbors cat (along with 3 of our other bantam hens!) This is a very strange, fiesty, big hen!

Thanks!

Sometimes chickens never lay eggs and sometimes they hide them, and sometimes they eat them if the shells are not right. She is still young yet

Hello there. I live near Springfield, Tennessee and wonder if you still have your Appenzeller Barthuhner or could tell me where you obtained your original four. Dick Dickerson

I am desperatly looking for Appenzeller Barthuhners and Appenzeller Spitzhaubens. Can any body help a guy? Springfield, Tn. Dick Dickerson

Greenfirefarms.com imported some beautiful Barthuhners but they are costly. Greenfire recently had an auction on some. It's worth a contact as this is a group that imports the rarest of the rare from around the world. I have contacted them on another breed and they are great at responding.

Back
Top Bottom