Apple Cider Vinegar for Chicks?

on a side note, if you're begining to drink ACV for yourself, you may want to start out small.. though all organics claim to be 5%, some are more acidic than others! i bought my first bottle yesterday, and currently am drinking it with white grape juice(can barely taste the vinegar).. but it gives me such awful heartburn

You can always water it down a little and throw it on a good salad with some olive oil and good spices! This is the way I get my daily vinegar! Three healthy things in one dose!
wink.png

I take a watermelon cut it in two clean out just enough on both halfs and fill it with plain yogurt with active live cultures and my word you better step back cause they will be flying yogurt coming at you.
hide.gif
They really love it in the summer when it's warm.

I love ACV, too- I always have given it to my chicks, but for whatever reason I didn't give it to my last batch of chicks right away. And their mortality rate was WAY higher than normal. So to make up for it I'm adding the ACV and a little molasses until they stabalize again.

Besides all the things listed that ACV is good for, it also contains important trace minerals and vitamins that chicks need like B2 (ribovlavin). I don't use the commercial vitamin supplements for my chickens- when they're called for, I use ACV and molasses. I don't give ACV to my hens all the time, though. I probably should (or at least more often) but I can't keep enough of it around!

Oh, and here's a link to a blog post I wrote the other day on how to make ACV ... it's so super easy! And someone was talking about yogurt as well- if you search, there's a post on that too.

This is not chicken drink, but then again it may, but here it is. 1 jar, 16 ounces, of the organic vinegar. 8 ounces of wildflower honey and a gal of distilled water. Put the vinegar,honey and a glass of the water in a pot and warm it up just so the honey disolves. Wait for it to cool and pour that into a gal container. Fill the remainding space of the container with the distilled water. Let that chill real well and you will have the best summer drink you ever had. I read up on this and for some reason it helps clean the veins in the neck.
smile.png

p

I recently started raw ACV with a bit of local honey in a glassful of distilled, chilled water. I actually like the taste, as it tastes like very watered down apple juice ( and regular apple juice is much too strong and sweet for my taste). I can't believe the little energy boost/pick me up I get after drinking it. I'm gooing to start the chickens on ACV soon too.

Last edited:
So I can use the apple cider vinegar that I bought at the store for my chicks? How much for 3 week old chicks and how much for 2 month old chicks?

Last edited:
I drink a little cup of ACV every morning, then I eat a bowl of Organic Yogurt. We also make our own yogurt, but I prefer the Organic we get from the Co-op.
smile.png

For awhile I was giving it to my chickens, but haven't in awhile. :0

~ Aspen
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom