Apple cider vinegar?

Farmgirl283420

Crowing
Feb 21, 2023
From the time my first chicks were babies I put a drop or two of apple cider vinegar in their water I did this with my new chicks too i still but it in my one year old chickens water I read it's good for the birds just wanted to confirm this they all seem to be thriving so I don't think it's doing anything bad just wanted to hear your thoughts on this

Nothing wrong with ACV (never use it with a metal waterer or with nipples that have metal parts) but I am sorry, it really is not a de-wormer.
I have plastic waterers! It seems everyone has different opinions on it but I still like it there in case!

Hmmm, odd. I've added way more to my chickens water than that. I guess just do what you think is best!
Yeah I think it depends a lot on the application... like if you're treating sour crop, etc or just regular maintenance 😂

My vet took a very light handed approach. I usually use the sniff test... if I can catch just a whiff but it's not too strong, that's probably fine. But I'll do a stronger dose if somebody's crop gets impacted. So I guess just "sprinkle till the ancestors whisper 'Stop'!" 😂

Back
Top Bottom