APPLE SAUCE

chiknwhisperer

Songster
11 Years
May 9, 2008
Lowell, IN
Could someone please tell me how to make apple sauce? I have a bunch of apples but I have no idea how to make apple sauce. I figured I would ask here first since I'm sure ya'll have recipies.
fl.gif

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
3 pounds apples - peeled, cored and chopped
3 cups water
1 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Add to Recipe Box
My folders:

Add to Shopping List
Add a Personal Note

DIRECTIONS
Place apples in a large saucepan and just barely cover with water. Simmer over medium-low heat until apples are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
Run cooked apples through a food mill or blender. Stir in the sugar and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat for about 3 to 5 minutes.

INGREDIENTS
2 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
3 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Add to Recipe Box
My folders:

DIRECTIONS
Place apples in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon and vanilla; mix well. Sprinkle over apples. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender. Uncover and mash with a fork. Serve warm.

INGREDIENTS
16 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
1 cup apple juice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice

Add to Shopping List
Add a Personal Note

DIRECTIONS
Place all ingredients in a Dutch oven. Cover and cook over medium-low hat for 30-40 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from the heat; mash apples to desired consistency. Serve warm or cold. Store in the refrigerator

INGREDIENTS
wink.png
This one is nice for crock pot

8 apples - peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Add to Recipe Box
My folders:

DIRECTIONS
Combine the apples and water in a slow cooker; cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours. Stir in the brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice; continue cooking another 30 minutes.

I just fill my crock pot most of the way with sliced apples, add about 2 cup of sugar (my crock pot is 5 qt), and cinnamon to taste, then cook on high until the apples are done and have fallen apart and turned to mush. I stir them about every hour or so. It takes several hours, but it's really easy and my family gobbles most of it up before I even have to worry about storing it!!!

Edited to add that it makes the house smell wonderful!!!!!

Last edited:
i core the apples (but the chickens like the seeds, so leave them in
smile.png
and just add enough water to cover them in a large pot. bring it to boiling, and then put them in the blender on a low/puree speed. i don't add sugar or flavoring for the chickens, but i suppose a little cinnamon and honey/molasses would be much appreciated.

OH my gosh!! That was so quick! Thank you for all the wonderfull recipies everyone. They all sound great. I'm going to have a hard time deciding which one to do first lol. Again thank you. I'm going to add them all to my recipe book
thumbsup.gif

I peel, core and slice the apples, add an inch or two of water and cook. I use a 4 quart pot and fill it to the top with apple slices, stir with a wooden spoon. When almost done I add a cup of sugar or less. Depends on how sweet I want it. We like ours chunky for the dinner table. I also freeze the applesauce in rubbermaid containers for winter.

Back
Top Bottom