April 2020 Hatch-A-Long! All are welcome!

Man I have forgotten all the questions I wanted to ask, and all the congrats I wanted to give!
Congrats to those who have babies! Welcome back to those who got busy and have been away- yes spring chores can leave you exhausted....! For sure! And to the lady who just found her little rooster friend had been attacked- Im so sorry. Yes, it is almost always our favourites that go first... Why is that? I hope it was just him and than you haven't found more. I always feel so much worse if I lose a hen and don't even realize for. a few days... 😪 Im so sorry, I know what its like to have a kid balling her head off because of a coyote attack.
I hope one of the babies looks just like him!

To the person who wishes they started with cheaper eggs- what kind of eggs did you end up choosing to hatch? Any phots yet?

I am on day 11. Nothing exciting happening here inside my incubator--BUT-- our resident robin who lays every year in the craziest spot (on two 2-inch PVC water lines to the pool) hatched out her 4 eggs. Yesterday they were beautiful blue eggs , today- 4 hungry babes.
I got a great video but Im a technical idiot so I won't bother trying to attach. But it was awesome.

The second external pip is one of the blue eggs:celebrate:yesss: I’m going to be glued to my incubator all night:caf

Attachments

• 3E119AEC-E1A5-4AD1-A72F-8F632C53AD24.jpeg
    3E119AEC-E1A5-4AD1-A72F-8F632C53AD24.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 5
Today is day 20 for my half dozen barnyard mix eggs. I’ve got one darker speckled brown egg that has pipped externally already! I have two blue eggs, one green egg, and two lighter tan eggs. Can’t wait to see what the babies will look like! I also have another half dozen coming in the mail tomorrow! Over the moon happy right now :jumpy
I have 4 beautiful barnyard mix pullets I'm growing out from the Feb hatch a long. Such fun colors! Very different from each other. Can't wait to see what color eggs mine lay.

What possible breed combinations are yours? If it's too many to list I understand.

I have no idea what breed it could be unfortunately. We get our eating eggs from a little farm so I decided to throw a half dozen in my incubator. All 6 were developing perfectly the day I put them into lockdown.
Same with the barnyard mixes I mentioned above! I bought them as table eggs (been refrigerated). I then decided they were too pretty to eat and incubated them instead. I had I think 14/24 hatch. Something like that.

Well, something is going wonky with this hatch. It is D12 and I pulled a quitter and have 3-4 more questionable eggs. I started with 20 and that puts me down to 17 and possibly down to 13 😬😔. Interestingly enough all of the questionable eggs have been deep brown and roundish in form. I wonder if whoever is laying those eggs is having nutrition issues? 100% of the eggs were fertile. It's my first go with the NR360, so it could be something I'm doing, too, although I'm not sure what :confused: . There might be a cool spot in the bator, but every egg has spent time in every part of the bator.

Well, something is going wonky with this hatch. It is D12 and I pulled a quitter and have 3-4 more questionable eggs. I started with 20 and that puts me down to 17 and possibly down to 13 😬😔. Interestingly enough all of the questionable eggs have been deep brown and roundish in form. I wonder if whoever is laying those eggs is having nutrition issues? 100% of the eggs were fertile. It's my first go with the NR360, so it could be something I'm doing, too, although I'm not sure what :confused: . There might be a cool spot in the bator, but every egg has spent time in every part of the bator.
Bummer. That does happen sometimes. I had a Leghorn hen once I couldn't ever hatch an egg from. Made me really sad. She was one of my favorite hens ever.

Back
Top Bottom