Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
I have officially become a chicken owner! Our first chick hatched. We have 3 more pips. I know I need to leave it in the incubator to dry but should I leave it overnight if it is the only one before I head to bed?

i currently have a really cracked egg -its rare so i need to try-that i put into the incubator with liquid skin applied--and it is developing!! its a lavender silkie

On day two. Humidity has stayed at 30%. And temp at 99.5. I'm going to leave it since that seems to be constant rather than so much adjusting trying to bring up the humidity. Wish me luck. One question though? When I candle on day 7 do I just take the lid off and spend time doing it, not worry about the temp Etc.? I have 40 eggs in there.
I Opene and close with each egg. Take a break. Come back and try again. I do 15 at a time. I put each back in and then take another out. I try to keep the chill down.

I will run to the store and get some. I really hope it makes it.
Thank you!
liquid skin is best because it has some antimicrobial properties, at day 18 most commercial eggs are pierced at that end by a needle to inject the vaccine, it should be fine but still apply the liquid skin. i wouldnt go gungho thougn, just apply it along the cracks

Experienced bator people...I'm not due to candle til Friday but got curious so i did a few tonight. I can see dark spots and veining. I can't find the air cell. Is my humidity too high? I dont have a hygrometer since this is a borrowed incubator and my first time hatching. Any thoughts?

The air cell should be at the big end of the egg. I shine the light on that end to mark the air cell. I also bought two hydrometer one from the store and one online. They arent very expensive.

The learning center has lots of info on hatching. It also shows pics of the air cells And what the size should be.

Back
Top Bottom