Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
Experienced bator people...I'm not due to candle til Friday but got curious so i did a few tonight. I can see dark spots and veining. I can't find the air cell. Is my humidity too high? I dont have a hygrometer since this is a borrowed incubator and my first
time hatching. Any thoughts?

What day are you on? What color are the eggs? Did you add any water or are you doing a dry hatch? Are they shipped eggs or from your own birds?

Don't worry, it's there. I can't see mine sometimes until day 7 on dark or thick shelled eggs. I wouldn't worry about it unless they are shipped eggs. If they are shipped then it's more important to see the air cells so you know what you are dealing with.

I'm up to 12 pips on my duck eggs. Some are starting to zip, but boy are they taking their time. Most are Saxony but I have a few mystery eggs. I can't wait to see what they are.

Squeeeeeeee!!! First pips today! I have 13/15 set eggs left. Last candling was day 13. 4 pips today!!!

Hatching April 9 is my batch of "coddled chicken eggs" that went to 107 overnight in a hatcher gone haywire. These are all Easter Eggers from my flock, Light Brahma/Ameraucana roo or Salmon Faverolle/Ameraucana roo over red sex link.

Of 16, 4 showed signs of life when I put them back in the incubator, and 6 more gave a wiggle two days later. That leaves 10 eggs that gave signs of life, and 6 more that still went into lockdown.

Right on schedule I have one pip. I'll report back in the morning. I'm at 65% humidity and 99.5F.

Last edited:
Last night was day 5. They are light green EE and light brown bantam eggs from my own hens. I added water because I was following the incubator's directions since I'd never done this before.

What day are you on? What color are the eggs? Did you add any water or are you doing a dry hatch? Are they shipped eggs or from your own birds?

Don't worry, it's there. I can't see mine sometimes until day 7 on dark or thick shelled eggs. I wouldn't worry about it unless they are shipped eggs. If they are shipped then it's more important to see the air cells so you know what you are dealing with.

Back
Top Bottom