• 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters

Here they are!

I came home from work last night to a 'bator full of chicks and the humidity at 93%! There was so much condensation on the windows that it looked like it was going to start raining in there!
So, I opened it up and pulled them out. My cracked OEGB egg had hatched, with its yolk not fully absorbed. I placed it on a paper towel in hopes that it wouldn't drag the yolk around on the wire, but no such luck. I found it passed away this morning when I removed even more chicks to the brooder.
I think I have 35 or so chicks in my temporary brooder right now and about 30 eggs left in the incubator. There are a couple of wet chicks hanging out in there, lots of pips and wiggles. Then I have around 20 eggs under broodies in my coop, I have no idea what's going on with those eggs. I gave them to the girls and left them alone, so :fl
Today was supposed to be their actual hatch day. I'll post a pic at some point, if my DH ever gets off the computer :)
Sorry about the little that didnt make it. Congrats on all the little fuzy chicks.

Last edited:
Congrats on all the pips and hatches... love the pics of the new fluffies, so cute!
:ya
Candled late last night (day 14) and 12 outta 12 are growing strong!! Some were even moving around inside!!! Waiting definitely is the hardest part... next week is going to be one looooong week!

:woot Lots of hatching today!

jenntucker2000 (sorry, I would quote, but my phone doesn't like to do that for some reason)- I try not to hatch during the winter, we heat with a wood stove so the temperature in my house doesn't stay very steady. But, for some reason, I always end up putting a few in anyway (and usually regret it because I don't get much to hatch :/ ). If we used our central heat, I'd probably be one of those people that keeps my 'bators going all the time. Well, more so than I already do, anyway. I keep it running pretty much all through the Spring, Summer and Fall though.

Back
Top Bottom