April Hatch Along

And while I'm rambling, @Jessimom I used the bird box to pick up my new babies - 4 Exchequer Leghorns!!
received_1587161224637057_kindlephoto-61192331.jpg

Yay! BYC is back on! I finally realized that I had a spelling error in my e-mail, it kept saying I didn't have enough privileges to reply on here. Anyway, congrats everyone on all your hatches, haven't read through all the posts(I'm quite a few behind now). I had another hatch that was so so. I have 7 new chicks, 6 from my big hen, only one survived from my little hen this round(I think the others smothered one that hatched later than the rest and was a bit weak). One has a bulgy eye, anyone ever have this issue? Wondering if it could just be from hatching or if its a defect? Seems otherwise healthy.

Joining the April hatch-a-long. 53 eggs. 24 araucana 28 ayam cemani. One jersey giant/ayam cemani mix (just want to see how it looks, planning on eating it eventually).
My last hatch was terrible. Only about 33%. I do believe that humidity was a problem with the dry winter air. My incubator just are through water like crazy. And we have radiator heat.
This was evident to me when two of my eggtopsies showed completely shrink wrapped chicks. Fully developed.
Now that it's warmer and the furnace isn't on so much I should be a little better.

Just curious if your Cemani/Jersey hatched and if so how well it's doing. It's something the hubby and I are thinking about trying.

(I posted this in the March hatchalong thread too - sorry for the duplication)
Alrighty - I pretty much miss the daily exchange of ideas - and I'm not currently hatching - but I do have chicks! Lots of chicks!!! So, I started a "Raising Baby Chick-along" thread if you are either currently raising chicks, or want to help me with question answering! (I need all the help I can get!) We will see if the idea takes off or not, but I thought I'd give it a whirl anyway! :)https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/raising-baby-chick-along.1179272/

Back
Top Bottom