April Online Egg Swap Closed Double check your entries

At least two of my girls decided to lay outside today instead of inside the coop...wonder where the rest of them have been laying? LOL!
LOL well one of my reliable layers is awol. so she's either dinner, broody, or has decided to relocate herself to someone else's pens... don't miss the bad attitude tho. (and she's not in the swap, she's not a good quality anything except for eatin' eggs)

and one of my pullets was penned yesterday with the roo, got an egg today. wondering if it's just cooincidence or if she's been hiding them somewhere too.

I was really worried because I lost one to an owl recently so I have been counting my guineas to make sure they are all acounted for. I was one more short and I thought the owl might have got another one. I knew the girls had a nest out in the pasture but I had been hearing the "Oh!! I layed an egg scream!" coming from another area too but I hadn't been able to find her. It's so funny how they can hide in plain open site. There she was along an old fence row with way too many eggs. There is no way she can hatch them all. She is on a little hill with a ton of eggs underneath her and at least 15 more she can't cover. I didnt get too close because I didn't want to stress her but she is staying on them even at night. I hope nothing gets her. Maybe some of the other girls will start helping her out soon and hatch the others.

Quote:
I was really worried because I lost one to an owl recently so I have been counting my guineas to make sure they are all acounted for. I was one more short and I thought the owl might have got another one. I knew the girls had a nest out in the pasture but I had been hearing the "Oh!! I layed an egg scream!" coming from another area too but I hadn't been able to find her. It's so funny how they can hide in plain open site. There she was along an old fence row with way too many eggs. There is no way she can hatch them all. She is on a little hill with a ton of eggs underneath her and at least 15 more she can't cover. I didnt get too close because I didn't want to stress her but she is staying on them even at night. I hope nothing gets her. Maybe some of the other girls will start helping her out soon and hatch the others.
good luck with her... in my past experiences, i'd hoped for the same thing but ended up with a minimal hatch because she'd roll the cold eggs under and put the warm ones out... so most ended up as blood rings pretty early on. i'd say wait until she goes to eat or something, and candle them, and leave her with 10 or 12 good eggs max.

ok, since this is my first swap,do people ever NOT want anything?

i mean if i fill my commitment with the 6 eggs of their wants,i could add extra surprise eggs.but they could be lf and bantam or mixes.would someone who asked for bantams want LF as extras?
i would hatch anything but thats just me.lol

Quote:
i'd say wait until she goes to eat or something, and candle them, and leave her with 10 or 12 good eggs max.

agreed,you will end up with no eggs making it because when she rolls them around then the warm eggs gets shuffled out of the way to cold eggs.

if you have that many ,you should ship them to. ;)

Last edited:
Quote:
agreed,you will end up with no eggs making it because when she rolls them around then the warm eggs gets shuffled out of the way to cold eggs.
if you have that many ,you should ship them to.
wink.png
don't think i'd want eggs already started under a hen, but mark the ones you let her keep and then check for extras daily. 8) you could ship them. (i don't want guineas but i think dinahmoe does.
wink.png
)

ok, since this is my first swap,do people ever NOT want anything?

i mean if i fill my commitment with the 6 eggs of their wants,i could add extra surprise eggs.but they could be lf and bantam or mixes.would someone who asked for bantams want LF as extras?
i would hatch anything but thats just me.lol

As long as you send 6 of what you signed up for sending extras is fine. I got a swap one time with 32 eggs in the box (Thanks again Bhep)

As long as you send 6 of what you signed up for sending extras is fine. I got a swap one time with 32 eggs in the box (Thanks again Bhep)
ROFL well if my swap hasn't been sent out, i'll take anything and everything. (but LOVE bantam cochins... hint hint
wink.png
)

Back
Top Bottom