April Online Egg Swap Closed Double check your entries

agreed,you will end up with no eggs making it because when she rolls them around then the warm eggs gets shuffled out of the way to cold eggs.
if you have that many ,you should ship them to.
wink.png

I thought about doing that - sending extras. My guineas free range and some nests I know about others I find later so I am not sure how old they are. I try to pick the ones on the top that look the cleanest and the freshest.

I found their first nest 2 weeks ago and there were 44 eggs. I took 40 of them and only had room to set 30. Of the 30 eggs I only had to toss 2 eggs. One had a blood ring and one was clear. I have always read that hatchability really drops after the egg is 7 days old but I am starting to doubt that. Maybe when it's warm but our highs have been around 75 and at night its in the 50's. I have 7 hens so some of them had to be over 7 days.

If it were me I would be happy to get extras even if they were older and might not hatch.... couldnt hurt to try right?

I have plenty of room in my bator so if my person wants to send extras it won't hurt my feelings.
clap.gif

I am going to see if I can take the eggs that have rolled down the hill away from her. Plus I am curious to see if she has the same look in her eye a broody chicken gets. LOL You know, the one that says touch my eggs and die!
lol.png

It's a wonder the horses haven't stepped on the nest in the middle of the pasture. At least the broody is in a little harder place for them to get. On top of that it's raining today! I once ordered eggs on e-bay that were marked as rained on muddy eggs so I got them cheap. I had a great hatch! Maybe guineas are just tougher than chickens. oh and dinahmoe - I thought about putting in a silkie egg or two also. :)

i will definately have enough to fill the "wants" order but then i have all that extra space in the box.i guess if you joined this swap then you like surprises,right?

i hatched guineas once for a neighbor,wasn't really interested in them until they hatched,they were so cute and i had to hold them for a week.i tried but he would let me keep any :(
said i could get some eggs later and then something wiped out his guineas-no more eggs.

ok, since this is my first swap,do people ever NOT want anything?

i mean if i fill my commitment with the 6 eggs of their wants,i could add extra surprise eggs.but they could be lf and bantam or mixes.would someone who asked for bantams want LF as extras?
i would hatch anything but thats just me.lol

I agree that anyone who is one this forum would not mind other breeds even if different size! :p

ok, since this is my first swap,do people ever NOT want anything?

i mean if i fill my commitment with the 6 eggs of their wants,i could add extra surprise eggs.but they could be lf and bantam or mixes.would someone who asked for bantams want LF as extras?
i would hatch anything but thats just me.lol

I agree that anyone who is one this forum would not mind other breeds even if different size! :p

I agree I even got quail last time and am very happy about those.

I agree as well. I am always happy to get whatever someone would send me. My kids love them all no matter what breed, and we have plenty of room. This is my first swap like this, but would be excited to see even a feathered wookie hatch out. :p Seriously I'd love to have my own Chewbacca... lol

I agree as well. I am always happy to get whatever someone would send me. My kids love them all no matter what breed, and we have plenty of room. This is my first swap like this, but would be excited to see even a feathered wookie hatch out. :p Seriously I'd love to have my own Chewbacca... lol

I want in on that swap! I've been in love with Chewy for 30+ years!
tongue.png

i will definately have enough to fill the "wants" order but then i have all that extra space in the box.i guess if you joined this swap then you like surprises,right?
i hatched guineas once for a neighbor,wasn't really interested in them until they hatched,they were so cute and i had to hold them for a week.i tried but he would let me keep any
sad.png

said i could get some eggs later and then something wiped out his guineas-no more eggs.

Oh no! Too bad he didnt let you keep a couple. They are cute babies and then when they grow up they are so ugly they are cute.
love.gif

Well I did go rob her nest. She was on it and I tried to get them without scaring her too bad. A broody guinea is alot like a broody hen. She threatened to peck me and kept puffing up. I took 20 eggs, none of them were within 2 feet from her. She did bolt from the nest but she came back within 30 minutes. I candled the eggs and half of them were bad. They had blood rings or a mass in them but were super cold so I dont think I could have incubated them. 10 of them look okay so I might try them myself. She still has at least a dozen eggs so hopefully with the others gone she can concentrate on keeping those warm.

I am sending my person at least 12 eggs, maybe more.

Back
Top Bottom