April Online Egg Swap Closed Double check your entries

Got my eggs from Jim today. Thank you so much! Very well packed - Good thing as the PO squished the heck out of one corner of the box.

Whoo hoo!! I got guineas :D

Thanks so much for coordinating this swap Jim.

The incubate for 28 days. I've had several hatch in the turner on day 25 though and I've heard others report that too. I'm still so embarrassed.
Jim

Oh, and don't you need bug control? Guineas are a hot item here right now. After I sold 10 last weekend ($8 each) the flock is much quieter.

Jules, sorry about the PO but I'm glad the rest survived the trip.

I am glad you mentioned that. The ones I have incubating now are coming up on day 23, will have to keep a really close eye on them until they move to the hatcher in a couple days. Maybe I will just turn the turner off and turn them by hand. I'd cry if I squashed one, especially after waiting so long to get some babies.

I can't wait to have some keets! Hubby is still rolling his eyes :rolleyes:

I have been bragging on their penchant for ticks and other nasty critters to the hubby, but he just groans. I will win him over, I will.

Jim, you have nothing to apologize for regarding the PO. Your fabulous packing job totally saved the day and my future noisemakers. Looking forward to my IB babies too. The Wit sisters (Dim and Nit) will no longer be alone.

Quote:
The incubate for 28 days. I've had several hatch in the turner on day 25 though and I've heard others report that too. I'm still so embarrassed.
Jim
Quote:
Oh, and don't you need bug control? Guineas are a hot item here right now. After I sold 10 last weekend ($8 each) the flock is much quieter.
Jules, sorry about the PO but I'm glad the rest survived the trip.
no problem on the mixup, it happens... i only had 1 cracked, and the dog cleaned it up quite willingly for me. LOL

as for bug control, the chickens do quite well at that too as everyone is free ranged unless they're in a breeding pen. usually the majority of the chicklets and a few odds & ends that don't match up for breeding. since free ranging the chickens, my fly population in the horse's pasture is now nearly non-existant, and the ticks are a lot fewer too than they used to be. tho the dogs range further than the chickens do, so we get an occasional 'cling-on'. but they don't last long as the dogs are treated for fleas and ticks monthly.

but i will set them. i've got a friend down the road that's always looking for more guineas. i swear i can hear hers from a mile away.

got my eggs today from mrheinz77-thank you for the nice eggs.
kinda sad now as i don't have anymore boxes coming in.
sad.png

I was thinking the same things and now am stalking the swap threads.
lau.gif

P.S. My Guineas hatch 25-26 days....little stinkers.
love.gif

I have been bragging on their penchant for ticks and other nasty critters to the hubby, but he just groans. I will win him over, I will.
Jim, you have nothing to apologize for regarding the PO. Your fabulous packing job totally saved the day and my future noisemakers. Looking forward to my IB babies too. The Wit sisters (Dim and Nit) will no longer be alone.

When I had them I snuck them into the garage and then Makayla who was 3 at the time, says "Hey Grandpa, you wanna see what grandma got? They aren't chickens so don't worry." Very helpful. The first day they made some noise and I thought "why do people talk about them being so loud?" That night my neighbor and his friends were in his backyard and I thought car alarms were going off. OMG I was so worried, so we ran out and they are hanging over the fence "WOW you got guieneas huh? They're cool for getting rid of weeds amd ticks!" After that my husband would move them every two days throughout the yard and they really helped with weed and bug control.

BTW.....The first thing Bill said when he saw them was "WTH are those? They look like they have Halloween masks."

I was thinking the same things and now am stalking the swap threads.
lau.gif

P.S. My Guineas hatch 25-26 days....little stinkers.
love.gif

Mine too - I don't tink I have ever had one make it to day 28. I usually lock down on day 24 and they hatch day 26-27

Yes they are loud and annoying but very entertaining, good watch dogs, eat lots of bugs, and won't destroy your garden.

Oh and they are nothing like a baby chick. By the time they are 3 days old you better not drop one - you probably won't be able to catch it.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom