Are these two Mille Fleur d'Uccles cockerels?

Alexandra33

Chook Snuggler
9 Years
Apr 3, 2015
Northwest Ohio - The Buckeye State!
I'm beginning to think two of my Mille Fleurs (and, ironically, my favorites) are cockerels because of the size of their combs at 2 1/2 weeks of age. Piranha is the first one, and whether he turns out to be a boy or not, I'm keeping him. These are not hatchery stock.

Mille Fleur #2

Together.

By contrast, my Mille Fleur girl.

Thanks!
~Alex

Last edited:
A question - are mine Mille Fleur D'uccles or something else?  QC Supply sold them as "Mille Fleur Bantams".  I've been reading something about D'uccles are bearded.  I don't see any beards on mine.

Thanks

The beards won't really show until they feather, but you can kind of see that they have puffy little chins/cheeks out of chick fluff. Look like D'Uccles to me!
1f424.png
1f425.png
1f424.png
1f425.png

I love the little Mille babies and have had a couple sets of them. This year I have a Mille Fleur D'Uccle hen sitting on eggs, hoping for the best. She tried to set last year but kept getting off the nest. This year I think she is a little more faithful. However, I am curious to see the outcome since I have a gold Bantam Cochin Rooster in with the Mille Fleur D'Uccles hens! I'm hoping for poofy chicks with Mille Fleur coloring! Excited since they'll hatch soon!

I love the little Mille babies and have had a couple sets of them. This year I have a Mille Fleur D'Uccle hen sitting on eggs, hoping for the best. She tried to set last year but kept getting off the nest. This year I think she is a little more faithful. However, I am curious to see the outcome since I have a gold Bantam Cochin Rooster in with the Mille Fleur D'Uccles hens! I'm hoping for poofy chicks with Mille Fleur coloring! Excited since they'll hatch soon!
I can't envision how PUFFY and unimaginably CUTE chicks of that cross would be!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
X2, we would absolutely love pictures of your sweet babies!
wee.gif

~Alex

I think it may be a bit early to call male on any of them. I do agree that is a lot of comb just not sure it is more then should be there at such a young age.

Back
Top Bottom