Are these two Mille Fleur d'Uccles cockerels?

Your definitely right on with Piranha, but you are right it is hard to tell on Barracuda, although i'm leaning more toward cockerel.
hmm.png
Thanks for the input, Cherry!
big_smile.png
Is your Porcelain a pullet or cockerel?

~Alex

These are my Mille Fleur d'uccle. The females is pretty chill. The roosters not so much, every time I walk outside and turn my back to them they run up on me and grab onto my legs. I am in the process of trying to find a new home for them, I don't want to get rid of them; but don't know how to stop the attacks. The roosters also grab my tiny dog on his back and peck at her. I did finally after having these for a year get a egg from my hen. How do I stop the mean behavior or it that their nature?

Alexandra, I'm looking at your thread a year later....what was the outcome, and do you have current pics?
Thanks,
Sue

Alexandra, I'm looking at your thread a year later....what was the outcome, and do you have current pics?
Thanks,
Sue
My goodness, this thread must've been SO buried!
lol.png

Long story short, both d'Uccles turned out to be adorable little cockerels.
smile.png
It actually took me almost a year to figure out "less developed" boy, a.k.a. Cooties, is indeed male.
roll.png
What a stumper that stinker was! He never grew pointed saddle or hackle feathers, strange.

Pictures! Sadly, Piranha became aggressive once maturity hit, therefore he's no longer with us.
sad.png

These are a couple of the last I took.

That being said, I still have Cooties!
big_smile.png
He's an adorable little critter.
love.gif

~Alex

Last edited:
Wow, Cooties is stunning! Thanks..I have a new mille fleur d'uccle chick, now 3 days old. I am going to use your baby pics as a reference as this one grows....
ps now how to keep autocorrect from calling it a mile flour uncle.......

christinethemac, Very cute they are with their feathers growing in! If you look at the OP's pics on p 1 of this thread, hers both had a lot of comb at 2 !/2 wks. A lot more than yours.....I'd love to see updates as yours grow....
Sue
here's mine on hatch day...it will be fun to find out if it's a pullet or cockerel!

A question - are mine Mille Fleur D'uccles or something else? QC Supply sold them as "Mille Fleur Bantams". I've been reading something about D'uccles are bearded. I don't see any beards on mine.

Thanks

A question - are mine Mille Fleur D'uccles or something else?  QC Supply sold them as "Mille Fleur Bantams".  I've been reading something about D'uccles are bearded.  I don't see any beards on mine.

Thanks

The beards won't really show until they feather, but you can kind of see that they have puffy little chins/cheeks out of chick fluff. Look like D'Uccles to me!
1f424.png
1f425.png
1f424.png
1f425.png

Back
Top Bottom