Are these two Mille Fleur d'Uccles cockerels?

lol.png

It's probably too early to tell. At this stage they do look more like roosters, but I have ten 4 week old pullets and it's amazing how much some have grown and some haven't! The dominant chick has almost all of her adolescent feathers and a prominent comb, but the runt still has most of her baby feathers and barely any comb at all! It will become much more apparent in a couple weeks. Sometimes they surprise you! And sometimes they don't.

I think your right but I'm suspicious of the first one being a pullet.
wink.png
Boy, wouldn't that be wonderful?
big_smile.png
That way I could keep them both rather than only keeping Piranha.

It's probably too early to tell. At this stage they do look more like roosters, but I have ten 4 week old pullets and it's amazing how much some have grown and some haven't! The dominant chick has almost all of her adolescent feathers and a prominent comb, but the runt still has most of her baby feathers and barely any comb at all! It will become much more apparent in a couple weeks. Sometimes they surprise you! And sometimes they don't.
I know exactly what you're talking about, because I had an OE and true Blue Ameraucana whom I thought were both cockerels.....but they turned out to be pullets! I was under the wrong impression for the longest time.
roll.png

~Alex

Here are some updated pictures of Piranha and Barracuda, who are now about 4 weeks old: Piranha (the first two pictures) is definitely a cockerel, and I'm thinking Barracuda is, too, but not sure.

His wattles don't have pink hangies yet, and he doesn't sport black in his hackles like Piranha. Is he just a slow developer or a pullet with a large comb?

~Alex

Your definitely right on with Piranha, but you are right it is hard to tell on Barracuda, although i'm leaning more toward cockerel.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom