Arizona Chickens

Add some tarp or clear, heavy-weight plastic (like shower curtain liners) to an end or corner to keep rain out and help hold heat in and they should be fine.

That's kind of what I was thinking, adding something to just the corner where the roosts are so they would have some protection. Thanks!

I hope your wife's injury isn't too serious.  Knee problems don't ever go completely away, it seems :(

Orthopedic surgeon said she dislocated her knee cap and it popped back in to place by itself. That doesn't make the pain or swelling any less, but at least there's no surgery yet. He did say it will be a recurring issue, but hopefully not very often. We were referred to a sports therapist, too. The news could have been far, far worse!

I hope your wife's injury isn't too serious. Knee problems don't ever go completely away, it seems
sad.png
Glad to hear that your wife does not need surgery. But all injuries are accumulative so dancing is out for this year anyway. There is no party. I am just driving down to the valley for a business trip. LKD get s house guest for a night or two. And I'll try to help with any chickens that need attention. Plus I cook up a bunch of grub to take with me.

Orthopedic surgeon said she dislocated her knee cap and it popped back in to place by itself. That doesn't make the pain or swelling any less, but at least there's no surgery yet. He did say it will be a recurring issue, but hopefully not very often. We were referred to a sports therapist, too. The news could have been far, far worse!
Alternate ice packs with heat in any similar injury.

For those interested in the Omega 3 Chicken Pasture Blend grass seed, it is currently on sale for 20% off if you use the promo code "Pastured" plus shipping is a flat $9.99 for each box up to 40 pounds. Mine has started sprouting and I think it will be great. TimSkins said his came in great and Lady's flock ate the living daylights out of hers, so it seems to be good.

That's kind of what I was thinking, adding something to just the corner where the roosts are so they would have some protection. Thanks!
I had a tarp over the top of my run until I could put aviary netting up. My birds did not like the sounds when it was windy. They were frightened by the noise. Maybe you will not have much wind in the valley ?

looks like the earlobe is starting to develop
Thanks Silkie! Being such a newbie, I was not aware of what they would look like as they were developing and growing. I was concerned that the redness and swelling was due to an irritation or allergy OR worse yet some sort of infection that could spread to my other 3 girls. After several postings on BYC and searching pics on the internet of same age chicks, I came to the conclusion that these features were normal.

welcome-byc.gif

First, Hi to the new folks. I'm sorry I'm not calling you by name but it's few pages back and internet is so slow out here it takes forever to jump from page to page.

Fuzzybird, sure I can take them. I got mine in April, but I think they will all get along, I'll coop them up for a while till they get used to being here. Everybody here runs around together, and they all seem to get along.

Anyone know if there is a way to increase the number of posts on a page to make it easier to glance back at them? I know it was possible on the old site, but I haven't been on since it was changed.

Back
Top Bottom