Arizona Chickens

I moved in with my mom in October. She had geese and chickens we now have ducks also. So we have 9 geese 2 hatched this summer. 12 ducks 6 are 4 months and 6 are about 1 month. And about 60 hens and roos. Most of them are from a 4/29 hatch. I have a lot to learn and also want to decrease our chicken flock to of 1 or 2 roos and about 20 to 30 hens. I have posted some of my chickens on craigslist. But I may end up butchering a lot. I have never done that and would like to learn by watching someone and then having them watch and help me. My mom has a couple of people I may ask in a month or so as right now my life is to busy.I have been reading post from backyard chicken for a few years and found the az forum so figured I would try to get to know people. I guess that is me in a nut shell.

I moved in with my mom in October. She had geese and chickens we now have ducks also. So we have 9 geese 2 hatched this summer. 12 ducks 6 are 4 months and 6 are about 1 month. And about 60 hens and roos. Most of them are from a 4/29 hatch. I have a lot to learn and also want to decrease our chicken flock to of 1 or 2 roos and about 20 to 30 hens. I have posted some of my chickens on craigslist. But I may end up butchering a lot. I have never done that and would like to learn by watching someone and then having them watch and help me. My mom has a couple of people I may ask in a month or so as right now my life is to busy.I have been reading post from backyard chicken for a few years and found the az forum so figured I would try to get to know people. I guess that is me in a nut shell.

People always seem to be looking for hen's or pullet's, so those could most likely sell. Roo's are harder to re-home or sell though, as some can't even have any. What breed of girl's do you have?

Back
Top Bottom