Arizona Chickens

poopy butt: i pulled feathers. they were none the wiser, but it was LOADS easier on me.

coop "window" treatments: I've been on the lookout at garage sales. For noise and shade purposes.

I'm leaving in July to go to Liberia for 2 1/2 weeks and had to get some shots today. the Hep A vaccine and I don't agree with each other right now.

for the hours and hours I've put into my garden, this is today's measly bounty. at least they were delicious!

(for those of you tracking the Alohas, the lightest egg on the bottom left is from my smallest chicken, an Aloha. yesterday's egg was a giant double yolker! they certainly have the great laying genes!!)

45139_524.jpg

Hey, just want to let you all know how much I appreciate you!!!
hugs.gif

I just had the worst experience with another forum! They were soooo rude to me! It is a forum about dogs - a specific breed. Should have known there would be some snooties on that kind of forum...
roll.png

I added a comment on a topic I was interested in - and, I might add, one I am very knowledgeable about! - and gave some information that I thought the other folks might find helpful... Well, apparently, I stepped on some royal toes. They have a "resident expert" on the topic and there is no room for anyone else's input there! I just wasn't aware, so the administrator set me straight by telling me the following,
old.gif
"_____ is the "resident expert" on nutrition and we do respect her opinion. When ______ researchs an issue she leaves no stone unturned."
tongue.gif

So, I guess I don't know what I am talking about and I should just shut up!
duc.gif

Whatever!!!! I just came right back over here to BYC where my FRIENDS are!!!
frow.gif

They don't even have any smilies over there on that stupid forum!

I love you guys!
love.gif

Hey Noskivees!! I want some polish! (channeling a 2 year old, here.) do you have any more???

gckiddhouse, that is horrible!! Why does anyone even continue to post on that forum? Sheesh!!

I also appreciate all of you soooo much, especially since just when I started to go from lurker to poster I put my big foot in my mouth
9.gif
Ooooooops!!!

Even so I have never felt rejected but rather everyone has been friendly and sooo helpful!!
big_smile.png
This forum rocks
bow.gif

ETA: What breed was it?
25.gif
hee hee

Last edited:
I have a labradoodle. Kind of a designer breed (glorified mutt). Not surprised that they are a little snotty.

Dufnup, I don't even remember what you are referring to. Guess we just see each other as human, here! Whatever it was, don't let it bother you.

Honestly, their forum is not very active. I have posted before in the area of dog behavior and something similar happened. The dominating poster made her opinion superior cause she had "researched it". Blah!!

Thanks again, guys!
hugs.gif

I'm glad for our friends here too.

I'll be honest there was a time early on here with me (I've been here two years) where I was not appreciated AT ALL.
There were even those who sought to have me banned and censured. (I guarantee you now they would deny it)

I just sucked it up and swallowed hard and decided it's better to forgive and forget.

I try to be helpful. I also try to keep most of my posts to chickens.

Looking forward to meeting Joel on Wednesday.

GCKIDD: That roo I got from you beat the *&#$! out of his daddy. The youngster is in solitary now.
Also... wish I could find someone with a standard poodle next time my golden retriever goes into heat.

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh, bother. That stinker! Trying to assert his manliness, hu? I can imagine it is hard to add a buck to a herd where there is already one in charge... You may have to give him his own set of ladies.

Hard to believe that you were not appreciated. So, I don't feel so bad, now. Honestly, I do try to stick to this thread. I venture out occasionally, but there are a few users out there who seem to be on EVERY thread throwing their opinion around like it is gospel, so I just stay in here where I feel safe.
hide.gif

GCK - So sorry.

Monhonri - Glad you stayed around.

I too am appreciative of the tone of BYC and the efforts to all to keep it upbeat and friendly.

I have noticed on this thread, that you all take particular care to keep it friendly... Thank you!

there was a time early on here with me (I've been here two years) where I was not appreciated AT ALL.
There were even those who sought to have me banned and censured. (I guarantee you now they would deny it)

th.gif

Just kidding. I TOOOOTALLY get that. I forget people can't tell I am teasing...and it is probably not a good idea to tease strangers in the first place.
roll.png
I think I was the one giving Dofnup a hard time, when I was just in that "cause trouble" mood. I apologize if I have EVER made anyone uncomfortable. I am quite flexible and it is rather easy for me to get both my feet in my mouth and my head up my rear in a few sentances.

Maybe one day I will learn.
wink.png

I am back at work today. 2 days out and 132 emails.

HAPPY TUESDAY EVERYONE!!​

Back
Top Bottom