Arizona Chickens

The five-year-old decided to see if my baby chicks could swim.
th.gif
Two babies dead, the remaining three are waterlogged and rather weak. And the kid has been severely punished.
he.gif
but still, it was my beautiful fluffy EE and a cute rosecomb/phoenix who were drowned, and I am so angry!
hit.gif
Oh! Thats just so sad...

Arizona Revised Statute 13-2907 defines false reporting and it falls under "Offenses Against Public Order." To have Animal Control come out to inspect your situation/property costs money, the same as those stupid motorists who insist on driving through flooded washes, only to have the Fire Department and paramedics and Police arrive to retrieve the stupid *** off the roof of their flooded vehicle. That person is fined and/or liable for the expenses of all the manpower that showed up. This is a Class 1 misdemeanor, and any subsequent false reporting is a Class 6 Felony, which can be waived down one step to a Class 1 misdemeanor at the prosecutor's discretion. The prosecutor can offer a plea of probation/reimbursement/community service etc., to have a Felony waived down, but it will still be on their permanent record adjudicated as such.

1. "Expenses" means any reasonable costs that are directly incurred by a public agency, for profit entity or not-for-profit entity that makes an appropriate emergency response to an incident or an investigation of the commission of false reporting. Expenses includes the costs of providing police, fire fighting, rescue and emergency medical services at the scene of an incident and the salaries of the persons who respond to the incident. Expenses does not include any charges that are assessed by an ambulance service that is regulated pursuant to title 36, chapter 21.1, article 2.

I'm not sure what it's called, but there is a "Bond Book" that lists all the fines for criminal and civil offenses. The animal control officer can go back and confront the complaining party and file charges, or just drop it all together because it was no big deal.

I wish I had the luxury of living out in the booneys with several acres, and not have to deal with close, neighboring jerks. I did speak with a few of my neighbors, and they said go for it, get some chickens. The young couple accross the street has 3 small kids and they love eggs and told them about my plan. They're young and their money is spread kinda thin, and could use some help. They've knocked on my door a few times to bum some smokes.

If I can put up with all the neighboring, constantly barking dogs, and all the obnoxious screaming kids with their remote control toys and electric dune buggies racing up and down the street, and who leave most of their toys out in the street, then I'm sure the neighborhood can deal with a few cluckers.

Hate to sound like an old grump, but if I would have known early on if there were so many kids in this neighborhood, I would have bought elsewhere. A whole bunch of kids finally turning teenagers, and they are tagging and leaving their mark everywhere. I blame the parents, but that's another issue that has no place in this forum.

Anyhoo, False Reporting is a chargeable criminal offense. You can actually approach the officer and say that you want to press charges against the offending neighbor. The officer will bring the case to our office (County) or City prosecutor, depending on your location. Since it is after the fact, and a report should have been written by the officer, the actual charge will be Long-Formed (Summons/Complaint) that the Constable will go out and serve the neighbor with the papers and an arraignment date. The prosecutor can deny the charges, dismissing it, saying that conviction is unlikely, but it will be kept on record incase the nasty neighbor complains against you again. That way, we can clearly see that the neighbor is a true jerk and needs to be dealt with.

Sorry for the long essay and straying off course. --BB

Bobby Basham
Pima County Attorneys Office
Tucson, Arizona

Oh dang. You guys don't even know what I am talking about.

Sorry for your loss Tanichca. I've been there except I was the little kid. Believe me it hurts the kid more than you, once they realize what they've done. This is a good time to teach them about life and how fragile it is.

mclevinson and AZTiff, check you PM's in a few.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom