Arkansas folks speak up.........

Good morning from Waldron. I too have an abundance of roosters. I bought 12 black sex-link roos from a lady here in town. We have a lot of ticks so my husband said we had to get some chickens NOW! I later got some "Reds" from Atwood's in Mena and now have what is suppose to be "Heavies" from Atwood's in Russellville. I think a couple are actually bantams. The others I bought at the same time are now literally twice their size. You just can't trust those bins. They are all my favorites though, lol.
Welcome and good luck with the roos! I am sure I have 3 but possibly 5. Two of them are looking iffy. They will be 4 weeks this weekend so I am still in the early stages of comb development so we'll see!

So I took both of them to my local Co-op & was told these were both hens. He based this on their coloring. Not 100% convinced at this point, I guess I will have to wait & see, haha.

LL

So I took both of them to my local Co-op & was told these were both hens. He based this on their coloring. Not 100% convinced at this point, I guess I will have to wait & see, haha.

LL

I disagree with the co-op person. Both have the coloration of cockerels.

Did the mama hatch out the babies or were they adopted?

She went broody and I gave her some fertile eggs. Her first brood. She's doing a great job. I highly re ommend Phoenix as broodies. I have had several and they have all done great.

I currently have a Phoenix/Cochin that is showing broody tendencies so I may be slipping some more eggs in this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom