Arkansas folks speak up.........

we bought a second small pool today. Got home from Walmart and ALL the Buff geese were in the pool and the Buff ducks were upset because there was no room! I had Danyelle run the new pool out and fill it. The ducks and geese were thrilled!

Hey all!! I've been on BYC for a short time now but just found this thread. Sooo let me introduce myself. My names Kassandra and jenjscott is my mom. I had a buff orp trio up until last week and now am down to a pair. My BO hen is broody and on 5 eggs right now. I just this past week hatched 7 of my BO chicks and 2 bant salmon fav chicks. Also hatch 4 of my neighbor kids mutt chicks as he found his broody dead on the nest. I just put 6 black astralorp eggs in lockdown yesterday along with 4 more of the neighbors eggs. (yes the eggs were that far apart and from under the same hen. Guess the other hen is a sneaker!). THEN..... Still in the incubator is 8 Delaware eggs except to of hem may be javas (mix up from lady on crazy egg chain) and 13 blue/splash orpingtons and the last 2 egg from my BO hen that got killed..... And sing with me...... And a partridge in a pear tree!!!!! Just waiting to add some SQ BSF. My flock started just as a few BOs cuz I love them and decided to add the bsf mainly so kids would have something they could handle to show but also cuz I like 'em. And now the blue/splash orps cuz they are gorgeous!!!!! That being said if anyone needs chicks of the australorp, Delaware, or maybe a java or two variety I will be selling!!! These were trades on the crazy egg chain.

Oh. And let me plug jimsfarmstand really quick for my awesome BO size tractor. Using that one as inspiration for my banty tractor I'm building (by myself with moms input). Very similar with just a few changes. If you need an awesome tractor for permanent chicken coop he's got 'em.

Ok. I'm done.

Well it's hot.Our hatching season is all but over,We have one more setting of eggs in the incubator and we are done hatching for the year.We started hatching this year in march and we have right at 125 Old English young hatched for the year.We hope to get started alot earlier next year so we can finish up earlier.Seems like our best finishing birds are hatched out before June of each year.We will only keep a few pullets for breeding next year and only a very few males for showing this fall,winter,and next spring,So we will have some very good quality OE's to sell later in the year once they are finished out.Well good luck to everyone with their birds the rest of the summer and going into the show season.Remember the fall show in Fayetteville on November 6th,it's a very nice show to attend,we will be there.

Quote:
Naw. Won't be crowded. I'll build a new something before the blue/splash orps are ready. And the banties will have the new tractor I'm building. And of course my BOs have my JFS tractor. So everyone is good. ...... As long as I get rid of all these chicks before they are too big to brood together in the banty tractor???!!?!?! Hint!! Hint! Anyone? Australorps? Delawares?

Last edited:
Malvern here. Wondering if anyone could point me to regulations regarding keeping chickens. I'm technically outside the city limits but could throw a rock onto city soil. Having problems getting a county extension agent on the phone but once I clear that and make sure I'm not under a restrictive neighborhood covenant I can get down to coop construction for my laying hens to be.

Thanks in advance.

Just wondering where AR folks order chicks from. I was considering McMurray to begin with, though I've seen lots of bad stories on this board. I imagine I can get someone at my local PO to meet me up there on Sunday for delivery, so I don't think time would be an issue, though I saw one poster said their chicks were time stamped 4 days before the ship day when they were supposed to be 1 day old chicks.

Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom