Arkansas folks speak up.........

Quote:
I have ordered from Ideal in TX. They're a bit cheaper than McMurray and you don't have to order 25 if you don't need that many. As long as you just want hens for the eggs and enjoyment (not for showing), their birds are great. I've never had any DOA chicks out of 4 or 5 orders from them.

Oh, and Welcome to BYC!!!

Last edited:
I have ordered from private breeders, Ideal and cackel. Cackel was true to breed. Am a bit dicouraged with this years Ideal order. Had some losses and wyandotte bantams have wrong leg color. If possible get from a private breeder.

What breeds were you wanting?

Roy Autry at DeQueen has several heritage breeds. Jen Scott at Rhower has Buckeyes. Post what you are looking for and some of us may have it.

I have Silver Lakenvelders for sale if interested.

44102_p3060004.jpg

Pearl-White Leghorns is what I want. Three to four of them. My space for them is limited, so I wanted a bird with a potential for maximum production.

Quote:
Try Jones Feed Store in White Hall (Pine Bluff) - great people!

The folks at Jones Feed are nice....but dealers for hatcheries. The chicks would still be mailed...just to the feed store. You are better off getting them from a breeder or ordering direct from the hatchery.

There is a swap at Malvern: 1st & 4th Saturday of the month. A swap at Sheridan the 2nd Saturday. Not sure where in malvern. Swap at Sheridan is at Feed 4 Less.

If anyone can clue me in to the where and when of the swap in Malvern, that would be tomorrow and I wouldn't mind going by to take a look. Thanks in advance.

I don't know, but here is the info from the june swap, probably too late now, but maybe Derenda would know.

Other Poultry Swap Sat. 12 In going to be in Malvern, Ar. Will be at Triple B, Feed at 163 Phillips, Ln, Malvern, Ar. 7am - 3pm $5.00 Set up fee to sell Birds must be p/t tested.....Testers will be on site...
Buyers free....For more information: Cody 501-304-1435 or Kevin 501-844-6048
or Triple B; feed 501-332-8445

Back
Top Bottom