Arkansas folks speak up.........

Quote:
I bought a 6 month old sex link hen from the Beebe swap for $17 and she was worth every penny. She began laying a couple of weeks later and drops beautiful x-lg brown eggs that are delicious and hardy. She had two sisters in the cage with her and I wish I'd bought all three. She is as gentle as they get. She will come to you when you call her, and she loves to be held. On the other hand, I bought a 6 month old Rhode Island Red, supposed to have been a hen the same day at the swap for $15, and HE turned out to be a rooster. No problem though...He is an absolutely beautiful, tall RIR and I wouldn't trade him back for anything.

What type of chicken is this?

That looks a bit like a Columbian Wyandotte to me. Though someone else said Brahma, which could be more likely since it has fuzzy feet.

Last edited:
Hello, fellow Monticellonian. :) What kind of chickens do you have? We raise bantams to show and a few egg layers.

Well hello. I don't personally have any chickens right now. I'm helping my grandmother with hers. She has Rhode Island Red, some bantams and I'm not sure what she calls the others. They may just be mixed. I do have two ducks, though. A Pekin and a black Swedish. I'm still new to the poultry world. My three year old wanted a duck and I've kind of fallen for them. I'm enjoying the chickens as well. We have three hens sitting and we've had 7 chicks hatch so far. My boys are loving it.

I am in Fayetteville- surprised to see how many others there are on here! We have a four chicken limit but I have 14! They are just about all feathered, and getting big, so I guess I'll have to pick my favorite 4 to keep... Has anyone ever actually gotten in trouble for not following the "chicken ordinance" in Fayetteville or elsewhere in nwa?

Back
Top Bottom