Arkansas folks speak up.........

got home from work yesterday and one of my broody hens was in the yard just sittin there. my wife thought she got run off the nest, but when she picked her up to help her back onto her nest, bout 3 chicks fell out from under its wings. spring has sprung!

I have a dozen hatching eggs ready to go..$12.00 a dozen. If I need to ship then those charges will apply to the final cost. These breeds are not pure, the breeds that are within my flock is as follows:
HENS:
White Leghorns
RIR
GLW's
Basque
GL Polish
Easter Eggers-Lays almost sky blue eggs
ROOSTERS:
Basque
BCM

This is what the chicks MAY look like...I just hatched these in March.

WOW!! I went to Beebe Saturday, and am soooo glad I asked you guys about it! Thanks again! It was awesome and we had a blast! I have to admit, I would have never believed how much would be there. Even saw several emu chicks and one guy had a snake. And parrots?! That was more fun than the zoo. LOL! Will absolutely be going back! And I am sure glad I took crates, as we ended up with the sweetest pair of Easter Eggers! (Would have loved to brought home more, but I refrained.)
Randy, I saw your dad, but it was so crowded when we went by I didn't get to say "Hi!"

Quote:
That's alright. My brother said that there was way too many yard sale and flea market stuff set up in the livestock area that there wasn't much room for the animal sellers to set up. I think we're through with selling at Beebe.

I candeled my 8 BCM and 3 yard variety eggs int he incubater this weekend. I am now down to 1 yard variety and 6 BCM's. Should be hatching this Friday, I can't wait.

I noticed that. Wonder if it was because of the mud? Seemed like alot of places were too muddy to park/shop, so maybe those folks relocated to dry ground and will not be there next time. Sorry to hear they were disappointed. Hope they had good sales anyway. I sure enjoyed the day!

i had 3 ppl at my swap in Clinton on Sat that said they where not going to sell at Beebe any more... they are going to try selling at the smaller swaps like mine and the Payton Creek swap... and one guy says he sets up down by Conway somewhere as well...

I live in the Piggott/Saint Francis area in extreme NE Arkansas. Does anyone know of any swaps closer to our area? Like maybe Paragould or Jonesboro ? I could maybe even go into the bootheel of MO if there was something there. Thanks for any information you can provide.

Okay Arkansas folks..been awhile since I posted but is there anyone in Arkansas that has chickens for sale? I am starting over with my flock and looking for more unique breeds of chickens.

Back
Top Bottom