As a parent would this make you mad or would you under stand it????? I am the bus driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Route 7 Parents,
For the last few weeks I have been working with our students about their behavior on the bus. We have had many days that I have had to remind them of the regular rules and that they are for safty, not to take away the fun.
Yesterday afternoon I was ill and we had a substatute driver. Ms. Kathy drove our bus and some of the students were very loud, disrespectful, and would not follow the rules even after being asked to.
I was not there so I can not say which students were doing these things, so I feel that all the students should write Ms. Kathy a note of appology. It may say anything they feel they need to say, even if it is just, "I am sorry the bus was so loud".
Thank you
Ms. Kimberlee

I have included and copy of some of the safty rules incase you would like to refresh the students on how they should be acting on the bus.

I see nothing wrong with asking the students to "write" an apology for disrespecting the substitute bus driver. I realize that it wasn't all the kids, but a small "I'm sorry" won't kill them.

I never really thought about that????? But yes if I have an accident I am in trouble, but worse than that 8 I could never live with the fact that hurt a child* I spend part of every day scared that something might happen, but I have to push that away and just do my best. Some people are just there for the pay check, but I am not. I really cry when they cry and am happy when they are happy. I am also sometimes a counceler, it is hard when they cry because their parents are getting a divorce or going to jail or going to rehab, but i always seem to find the words to make them feel atleast better even if not good about it.
Thank you everyone for your input. The more I think about what I do and try to explain it to others I realize * I am very important to my bus kids* for some of them I am the only one that listens.

I have to tell you this too, we play a game where I try to guess what they will be when they grow up. I think really hard about who they are and how they interact with others and I tell some they will be Drs or lawyers or vets or what ever their main trait is I find the best job that takes that and make sure they know it is an option and that they are good at it. Even if they argue about everything, they will be a lawyer LOL. ( thinking of my kids is making me smile) Thanks

it is sad to know I love these kids more than some of the families do :(

Last edited:
Bless you for caring about the kids, especially those who don't get so much of it at home. Perhaps those who you help are worth the aggravation caused by a few others.

EXACTLY RIGHT. If I make one kids life better then I can do this for ever. There are some that I wish I could just take them home and LOVE them.
Bless you for caring about the kids, especially those who don't get so much of it at home. Perhaps those who you help are worth the aggravation caused by a few others.

well I would NOT be fine with that at all, haha made you read :) I would ask my kid or kids did they want to walk to school and back home? Because if they get kicked off the bus I would not take them (ok so I would) BUT what you wrote is just fine I would not be mad at you at all. Like someone else said that note was 99.9% better and nicer than the bus drivers here
thumbsup.gif

I read every one of these answers and try to see each side. everyone is corect in it's own way. I want the other side because I never road a bus till I drove one LOL. I posted this to try to get some ideas. I am not always right and even my kids remind me if I do something wrong LOL They are given that right by me because their oppinion is vaualble too.

well I would NOT be fine with that at all, haha made you read :) I would ask my kid or kids did they want to walk to school and back home? Because if they get kicked off the bus I would not take them (ok so I would) BUT what you wrote is just fine I would not be mad at you at all. Like someone else said that note was 99.9% better and nicer than the bus drivers here
thumbsup.gif

It's a problem here because the new forum format won't let me use my spell checker. I'm good at spelling but my fingers are dyslexic and I need the help of the Google spell checker!

I don't understand why you have a problem punishing only the children who were misbehaving? You don't need to call them up in front of their peers, let alone be demeaning to them. Contact only the parents of the children that you know were misbehaving and talk with them. The other riders would never even know unless the punished tell them.
Writing the apologies is good if you don't know who was causing the problem. Punishing the innocent, like others have said, isn't fair to those who do behave. As a parent, yes, I would have a problem with that.

It's a problem here because the new forum format won't let me use my spell checker. I'm good at spelling but my fingers are dyslexic and I need the help of the Google spell checker!

at the far right of the tool bar is a little "ABC" symbol. Just click on that and it will check the post for you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom