As if being broke isnt bad enuff I broke my phone!

The Chicken People

Songster
10 Years
May 4, 2009
Smithville, Mo
Yep in a hurry to get stuff done and it slipped right out of its hiding spot into the dogs water dish! Theres my Christmas!
he.gif
:

Last edited:
I've had a phone for years without any occurrences, and then I ran out of money and there you go: I washed my phone in the laundry. Twice. about a month apart
hmm.png

I was about to cry the other day when I noticed the flip part was broken and about to flip off. Thankfully, it wasn't that long ago when I washed my phone last, so it was still under warranty, so this time, it was replaced for free.

But yeah, when you can really least afford it, it's gonna break, go missing or just stop working
hmm.png

I dropped my phone in water one time ... fully surmerged. Immediately cut it off, take the battery out, and let it dry for 24 hours or more and then try it.

No sugar ... it might can be saved.

Last edited:
If you pull the battery out and put the phone in a bright window with a lot of direct sun or on a heating vent, over the course of 3 or 4 days it will dry completely. A dash is a good place, even in winter. Try putting the battery in on day 4.

I've resurrected many electronic items in this manner- they key is not sending a charge to it while there's any moisture in it at all.

Quote:
QUICK - remove the battery and gently dry it off. Put it in a bowl of rice (raw - not cooked) for a couple of days. The rice should pull the moisture out of it. It may work again! Good luck.

We saved DH's phone from the washing machine by taking it apart and putting it on an oil radiator space heater set on low. It was pretty waterlogged - you could see moisture under the screen. Took about 4 days to dry out, but he's still using the phone now (and look, it's almost winter again!)

I dropped my phone the day before I put the minutes on that phone to a new one. The battery flew out and everything. Well, when I transferred the minutes it gave me like 1000 extra minutes! (No it wasn't a special or anything - I have the pay as you go Net 10 phone.)

Back
Top Bottom