Asian blue

for the best information I have found so far look up https://www.purelypoultry.com/asian-black-chickens-p-1288.html. Asian Blue are new and currently sold by tractor supply (limited time). This is a slow growing chick very friendly and gets along great with other chicks. Tend to be very mothering of younger. Both male and female are protective of younger chicks regardless of breed. Beautiful looking bird. The ones I have like to be petted a little timid when first picked up. Seems to be a very healthy bird.

I got 2 Blue Asians from TSC. They have grown into VERY beautiful young ladies. The glisten with blue and green in the sun. Glad to have them in my flock.
[/IMG]

Asian Black Chickens Details
Hatching weekly year round

Asian Blacks are a new type of chicken being bred for both meat and egg production. These are beautiful birds that appear black or black with red at first glance. But then as the light hits them, their feathers flash in a brilliant blue and green sheen. They have greenish-gray legs and feet. Combs and wattles are red.

Asian Blacks are very rare and hard to find, but will surely become very popular as they are an ideal chicken for backyards and homesteads as well as larger production farms. They are hardy and adaptable and get along fine with other breeds of chickens.

Production: Asian Black Chickens were developed for production, and they do not disappoint. Females are solid layers of 200-250 brown eggs per year. Males make dependable meat birds. Asian Blacks mature faster than many heritage breeds but a bit slower than the classic broiler breeds. These are reliable and worthy all-purpose chickens. Asian Black have been shown to do well in both confinement settings as well as in pastured environments.

Temperament: The easy going yet energetic temperament of Asian Blacks make them ideal additions to any flock.

History: The Asian Black Chicken is a newly developed breed in the U.S. These birds harken back to the great and ancient Asian breeds such as the Langshan. The Langshan influence is very apparent looking at the Asian Black, but the Asian Black is a stockier bird with more production potential. This is a perfect breed for adding some extra diversity to an egg or meat flock.

APA Class: Not recognized.

Conservation Status: Not applicable.

Body Type: Asian Black Chickens are medium sized chickens with a sturdy, upright carriage. They are clean legged and perky birds. They do fine in both cold and hot conditions.

Weight: Cockerel 4.5 lbs, Pullet 3.5 lbs

I just picked up a hen today, pretty little girl but not laying yet as per the previous owner. Can anyone tell me at about what age they can start laying?

I bought 6 Asian Blue chicks this week at Tractor Supply. Most of the chicks in the pen were black or black and white, but three were yellow with brown stripes. I got 5 of the black and white one, but also the only solid brown one in the group. It has a slight bluish tinge to its fluff. I'm anxious to see what it will look like when it gets feathers. Fingers crossed that I didn't get all roosters, since they only sold them straight run.

Looking through this thread, it is fairly obvious that these are mutts. Nothing wrong with that at all. These mutts resemble a lot of my mutts, and the description of their behavior sounds familiar too. I have a bunch of oriental games here. They kind of go wild and feral, raise chicks in the woods. If a standard large fowl rooster is loose and they breed these hens, (I like to let them raise a brood or two before breeding them pure, if they can't raise chicks in the wild, they are not good breeding stock) . Now I've kept some of these crossbreeds, and they are very nice chickens. You need to cross them back to a barnyard breed again, they look about like what I see on this thread. The games are incredibly laid back, being selected for centuries for their attitudes toward their human caretakers.

I have two pullets that spent their first night out last night. They are 6 1/2 weeks old now and seem to be more sturdy built than my lavender Ameracuana pullets. One is solid black and the other red over black. Very sweet girls and they love to ride on my shoulders as I feed the rest of the flock.

We bought four from TSC in Sept. Three females are black with a tinge of white on each of them. One is all white with grey feathers in her head. Feet coloring is different. I think she is a different breed? I will get pictures soon. They love the Rhode Island reds we got at the same time.

Hey! So I bred Buff Orpington rooster over Asian Blue hens and wondered if anyone else has bred these two together. It's odd I got a fully black chick with gold beard down. I'll post pictures later on!

Back
Top Bottom