Ask a chef

For all the ones that are suffering from the snow and freezing
I am sending you some Israeli summer full with vitamin C.
A friky wind today tilted one of my lemon tree so I needed to cut its branches and harvest all the fruits, this how 50Kg of fresh lemons looks
20180125_231454.jpg
20180125_231510.jpg
20180125_231501.jpg

Hello all.
I kinda promised myself not to promote my little competition on other food threads, but if anyone wants to join the fun.. there are still 2 weeks left to participate with an entry.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/yum-along-photo-contest-no-1.1215524/#post-19396019
I hope this is not appropriate for me to post this here. If so, contact me and I will remove this link.
I have been doing a lot of lurking here on the Ask a Chef thread. Everyone has some wonderful dishes and ideas. Thanks for sharing. I look fwd to contributing soon.
-connie

So @Akrnaf2 ?

What does one do with over a 100 pounds of lemons?

Pucker up Baby?? :p :lau

Keep mindful dear Benny, we are not suffering in the snow and freezing weather...but enjoying the fact that we can eat way more fatty foods because our bodies burn it for heat.

In fact today, at -25C...with the frost frozen on the trees and the sun making the skies PINK...I could not be living in a better place here on Earth...gorgeous, beautiful...no place I would rather be...in the dead of winter!

Dec 23 2014 IMGP6471.jpg

I live in paradise...all year round!

IMGP0088.jpg

Reasons to make Beef Chili...

Tara

Beautiful place you have there!
But -25C °?? This un IMAGINABLE for me!
You can have pink sky in 25C° too.
804218901002177640360no.jpg

Not my pic, but was taken 5 Km from me.
They will be squize and frozen in ice qubes bag in my freezer which is only -8C°! :gig:lau you can enter my freezer to get warm! :lau

And dear Tara I can see that the mother in low swing is out of use!

Last edited:
Beautiful place you have there!
But -25C °?? This un IMAGINABLE for me!

Thank you Benny. You live in a beautiful place also...but I am a person that HATES HEAT! I can always put on better thermal layers for cold, but once you are in your birthday suit (oh my eyes!)...where to go next, peel your skin off? We get heat here but un IMAGINABLE for me to have it for any length of time. We are where we are for very good reasons...and that is a blessing, eh! :hugs <--I am the blue one, you are the red one??

You can have pink sky in 25C° too.

Not my pic, but was taken 5 Km from me.

Beautiful...we share the same beautiful skies! :highfive:

They will be squize and frozen in ice qubes bag in my freezer which is only -8C°! :gig:lau you can enter my freezer to get warm! :lau

And dear Tara I can see that the mother in low swing is out of use!

Yes, warmer in my freezers here too...go in the freezer, to warm up seems silly! I wonder why we bother to pay to cool our freezers, just toss meat out in the snow banks...keep longer there perhaps? Unless the girl dogs find it! :lau

Outside this morning again -25C, you may throw a cup of hot coffee up in the air and it will rain down in coffee crystals...iced cold lattes?

Coldest day here ever...-53C, not -70C like Rick has experienced, but that is way nasty a temperature--back then, we had no outside animals...thank heavens!

MIL swing is out of the question for ALL...you behave and be a good man! :mad:

Jan 27 2018 IMGP0100.jpg

On my windows outside...Jack Frost painting designs...they are beautiful, like snow flakes, none the same. :cool:

Shalom!

Tara

Thank you Benny. You live in a beautiful place also...but I am a person that HATES HEAT! I can always put on better thermal layers for cold, but once you are in your birthday suit (oh my eyes!)...where to go next, peel your skin off? We get heat here but un IMAGINABLE for me to have it for any length of time. We are where we are for very good reasons...and that is a blessing, eh! :hugs <--I am the blue one, you are the red one??

Beautiful...we share the same beautiful skies! :highfive:

Yes, warmer in my freezers here too...go in the freezer, to warm up seems silly! I wonder why we bother to pay to cool our freezers, just toss meat out in the snow banks...keep longer there perhaps? Unless the girl dogs find it! :lau

Outside this morning again -25C, you may throw a cup of hot coffee up in the air and it will rain down in coffee crystals...iced cold lattes?

Coldest day here ever...-53C, not -70C like Rick has experienced, but that is way nasty a temperature--back then, we had no outside animals...thank heavens!

MIL swing is out of the question for ALL...you behave and be a good man! :mad:

On my windows outside...Jack Frost painting designs...they are beautiful, like snow flakes, none the same. :cool:

Shalom!

Tara
I too suffer in the heat, belive me.
-53C??!?
We all share the same beautiful skies!
But but...... I am a good man! :hit:hit

Be over two weeks on Wednesday...horrid head cold--ah yes, an excuse (plus Family Day, eh) to make a big dinner and eat off it for days...Better be good to tire yourself out further tho! :p

Feb 18 2018 MGP3519.jpg

Stuffed Turkey...skip the veg past mashers. Too exhausted with daily living getting by on chore list...basic meal yesterday, maybe today, add some veg! :lau

Feb 18 2018 IMGP3719.jpg

Girls already had snap peas earlier in the day...they could smell the main meal cooking all day, even outside...hurry hurry...we eat good tonight! :ya

Feb 18 2018 IMGP3555.jpg

And we sure did! :cool:

Tara

Back
Top Bottom