Ask a chef

Pics
Any suggestions for Haddock? I have never had it or cooked it. Thanks

Did you tryed to steam it Asian style? It is wonderful!

In a broad pot you put an up side down plate, on it you put another plate with the up side, up. On this plate you put your fish, and on the fish you put lemon grass, fine sliced lemon, salt, BP, some soya sauce. And some lemon juice. You pore in the pot some boiling water (be ware not to arive to the fish! )and cover it with its lid. Steam it on a very low flame, the vapors wil steam the fish and then will come down from the lid, as water on the upper plate creating the wonderful sauce for your fish!

Last edited:
Quote:
I have one of those!!! I use it to put poultry dust on the chickens.
hide.gif

Quote: We do this all the time. Yummy. Try fresh ginger root slices, soya, fermented black beans, and chopped cilantro.

Last edited:

A very light oil 2 cups

2 to 3 yolks

Salt 1 tsp. mustard powder 1 tsp. sugar just a few pinches

Vinegar 1 tblspoon. lemon juice 2 tsp

Finished mayo

In a bowl whisk together eggs and dry ingredients.
Separately mix vinegar and lemon and incorporate half thoroughly into the egg mix.
With a squirt bottle, add a few drops at a time while whisking. It should really start to thicken up. This is an emulsion.
Pick up the stream of oil a bit ad continue whisking.
Once half to oil is in, add the remainder of lemon/vinegar mix
Finish of oil in a steady stream while whisking and tada, it's ready to set for an hour before you refrigerate.
Enjoy within a week.

*disclaimer*
this recipe contains raw egg and I am not responsible for what anyone decides to consume.

A.
Thanks!

Every year about Thanksgiving I purchase 3 free range turkeys from the health food store, cook one, and freeze 2.  Usually end up dicing up all the left overs and freeze it in 2 cup increments to make pot pies and such.  Then I use the bones to make stock, which takes a long time   lol. The stock always turns out good, however, I am getting an over abundance of turkey stock in the freezer - any ideas what I can use all this stock for?  Would really appreciate suggestions.

Also, how long is it good in the freezer?

Linda covered it well. Also soups, there's always a soup that'll call for rich broth. I love soups. They can be meals :)

You must share that Jelapeno smoked Gouda bread recipe please

This is my bread plus recipe, very versatile with seasoning and such. Also very simple.

2 cups water 110°
2.25 tsp yeast
2 tsp salt
5ish cups flour

Additional ingredients.
2 or 3 jalepenos depending on the heat you like
1 bunch cilantro finely chopped
Half a small wheel of Gouda shredded. Lol I've never measured it. I bake like a cook not a baker sorry.

Add dry ingredients to mixing bowl. Slowly add water. As the dough is forming I add the cilantro and jalepeno add the remainder of the flour and cheese until a decent ball starts to form, a little sticky is OK, dry is bad.
Remove and knead/shape into a smooth ball. Divide in half and shape into two football shaped logs.
Preheat oven 375°
Place on sheet pans and grease the tops and cover with plastic wrap for roughly 40 minutes. Or until doubled.
You can give them an egg wash for a nice sheen. Mix an egg and just rub the surface of the bread lightly with it.
Cut several slits diagonally for a professional look and to stop the bread from over rising while baking.
The bread is done between 190° and 210°
I don't time this. Again. I'm a cook not a baker and really just have to be hands on with things.
Sprinkle some extra cheese over the top at desired point for crispness.

These added ingredients also don't seem to mess with the breads properties either. I've done rosemary and garlic and an unsuccessful attempt at raisin bread but that was my fault with his same dough.

How"s about a recipe for real hollandaise?

I make a pretty serious batch of hollandaise every brunch(2 dozenish egg yolks) but by your definition what would a "real" hollandaise sauce be? I'd more than gladly give you my recipe, if it's what your after.

A.
Thank Attimus for the bread recipe
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom