Ask a chef

Pics
Next time will try mushroom onion, herbs stuffing
This is the eventual path to a turducken. Lol
If only I lived close enough to go have dinner at Bennys and Attimus's houses once a month... Tonights special at the Cafe' de mammas house is fried chicken and waffles.. Dont get to excited.. dont have a waffle iron so those are frozen. The kids will love it. I do have the best fried chicken in the world according to my children.
Ran chicken and waffles for 2 @ brunch on vday. It did alright.
Beatutiful..... this is one i am familiar with... I want to try them both...... deb
I love Pepin, he's amazing with food and uses a freaking parring knife for everything. Great philosophy on life in general too. Pretty sure I have some saved quotes from him in my phone somewhere.
Give me a minute to brag... 12 bars with six birds apiece in less than half an hour.. I broke our store record
I'd be bragging if I could do that.

Quote: lol

Quote: Beatutiful..... this is one i am familiar with...

0.jpg

I want to try them both......

deb
sweet vids!!! thank you both for sharing!!

Quote:
You should be proud. I have never processed a bird. only Grocery store offerings. But I want to learn how I am still hopefull of moving home and raising poultry again.... Right now I am Tired and sick and very disheartended. Caring for Grandma takes its toll. Now mom is starting to show signs that she will be next....

sigh.

deb
oh deb
hugs.gif

Start of morrocan vegetable stew

Grilled off a couple lemons for some extra acid.

Finished product
Ingredients..
Broccoli
Bell pepper
Onion
Garlic
Carrot
Diced Tomatoes
Garbanzo beans
Tomato juice
Red wine
Balsamic vinegar
Worchestershire
Salt
Pepper
Cumin
Thyme
tarragon
Chili powder
Paprika
Parsley
Fresh chopped green onion

I had 3 bowls as I was finishing it up. Was a rave with the employees and sold out barely halfway into the night.
There are certainly more things I'd add to it given time to prepare. I put this together with what we had on site and it worked well. Definitely on par with the Rosemary carrot soup I make on a rare occasion.

A.

Last edited:
That would be Zero points on WW.... meaning I could have four hundred bowls..... LOL
droolin.gif

Even with a broth base of some sort. With the exception of the garbonso beans I would have to count them.... they are very inoffensive though.

deb

Last edited:
That would be Zero points on WW....  meaning I could have four hundred bowls..... LOL  :drool
Even with a broth base of some sort.  With the exception of the garbonso beans I would have to count them....  they are very inoffensive though.

deb
no broth base. Just tomato juice and other listed seasonings. Our sommelier had to ask too. :)
Wouldn't take alot to change the recipe up and move origin regions completely.
It really needed some squash and ifi make it again I'll try adding it.

A.

* edited to omit my inattention.

Last edited:
Quote:
All the ingredients are fabulous.... including the Garbonzon beans. or any beans. Starchy veggies like beans and potatoes have to be measured for Weight watchers..... So you know how much you are eating..

The way it works in a very simple manner is according to your current weight age and height you are given X amount of points you should eat for the day. its like money in the bank. But it represents the calorie count that puts you in a deficit in order to loose weight. I think they keep you at 500 calories under maintenence. My deficite calory count is around 2300 calories per day. right now

1/2 cup Garbonzo beans = 3 points

in my case I get 50 points per day for food. Believe me its hard to get it all in. The point value has gone down since I started. I stared at 58 and when I stick to it I loose weight at the rate of about 2-3 pounds per week.

I need to monitor fats and starches simple sugars and protiens. Protiens are good. I approach the fats and starches as if they were seaonings

But there is NOTHING that is not allowed. All you have to do is count it. and trade off wether its worth it...

To give you an example an In and out meal.....
Cheese burger= 14 pts
Fries = 11 points
Milk shake = 14 points
grand total 39 points

leaves me 11 points for my other meals. I could do it but dang.

Veggies and fruit are unlimited thank goodness because i love em.... they are filling and good for you.

deb

Just had a thought though. I've got that lamb stock. If I were to put meat in that soup I would definitely use that stock. Wouldn't even need alot, it's so rich on its own paired with the rest of the ingredients, I'm thinking home run.

Oh Yeah..... shred it up Rich it up Yummy. I just had a Persian dish that only used spinach and herbs along with some beef but lamb would have been aweseome.

deb

Back
Top Bottom